Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, X-Terra Pro, Quantum II, DFX, Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They sold the 220 year old farm that I've been hunting since April. Almost 400 acres and I barely scratched the surface. Here are the finds from the last few days of hunting. More of the same(not complaining). Buckle parts, pieces of horse shoes, part of a file, farm chain, and shotgun brass. Does anyone know what the round piece with "T" shaped holes is? (posting it on the whats it forum as well) What I believe to be a pulley an old pocket knife and of course a horse shoe were my second to last hunt. The picture of coins was my last day on the property. Went out with a bang. Found the 1945 Merc and the 1941(1944?) nickel together in my last hole. I think its pretty cool you can see where the nickel was laying on top of the dime.

New permission(not the same property, sorry for the confusion) already in hand. Finds are soaking as we speak. Five acres of history from the mid 1800's and unmolested by the progress of man. Thanks to some wicked awesome technology (wink, wink, nod, nod) I've been able to locate two old structures on the property that no longer exist. I'll post the finds soon.
20230804_095251.jpg
20230804_115616.jpg
20230807_090920.jpg
20230807_091519.jpg
20230828_112920.jpg
20230828_113046.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Upvote 29

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
They sold the 220 year old farm that I've been hunting since April. Almost 400 acres and I barely scratched the surface. Here are the finds from the last few days of hunting. More of the same(not complaining). Buckle parts, pieces of horse shoes, part of a file, farm chain, and shotgun brass. Does anyone know what the round piece with "T" shaped holes is? (posting it on the whats it forum as well) What I believe to be a pulley an old pocket knife and of course a horse shoe were my second to last hunt. The picture of coins was my last day on the property. Went out with a bang. Found the 1945 Merc and the 1941(1944?) nickel together in my last hole. I think its pretty cool you can see where the nickel was laying on top of the dime.

New permission already in hand. Finds are soaking as we speak. Five acres of history from the mid 1800's and unmolested by the progress of man. Thanks to some wicked awesome technology (wink, wink, nod, nod) I've been able to locate two old structures on the property that no longer exist. I'll post the finds soon. View attachment 2101996 View attachment 2101997 View attachment 2101998 View attachment 2101999 View attachment 2102000 View attachment 2102002

Thanks for looking.
Have a similar permission as yours. 350 acres,4 old homesites (that I know of so far) and finds all over the property. Have worked for the owner for 30 years and have free range over the property even a four wheeler to use. Life is good but as he is getting older there is always the fear he might decide one day to sell. Congratulations on your finds and good luck on new permission

pjad57

Apr 17, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing. Glad you can continue detecting on the property with permission given by new owner.

OP
OP
Groundhogg

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds you made and hope you can get back in on it!
Thanks scruggs. I drive by everyday looking for someone who can give me that permission but have only found ground crews. I'm sure its going to be a neighborhood and wouldn't mind being around when they start clearing some of the land.

OP
OP
Groundhogg

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing. Glad you can continue detecting on the property with permission given by new owner.
I appreciate it PJ57

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New permission already in hand. Thanks to some wicked awesome technology (wink, wink, nod, nod) I've been able to locate two old structures on the property that no longer exist. I'll post the finds soon.

Thanks for looking.
Is that wink for me? 😉
Either way some nice old relics! I bet that place is full of them. Glad you got permission from the new owners. But I think next time you should have the old owner put that in the contract. “New owners are responsible for accommodating a metal detectoroist and should let him search anywhere he wants“ 😆

OP
OP
Groundhogg

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that wink for me? 😉
Either way some nice old relics! I bet that place is full of them. Glad you got permission from the new owners. But I think next time you should have the old owner put that in the contract. “New owners are responsible for accommodating a metal detectoroist and should let him search anywhere he wants“ 😆
It sure is. It really comes in handy. Sorry for any confusion but it's a new permission on new land not the farm. However I'm still plotting to convince the developer to allow me to continue "historical recoveries".

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure is. It really comes in handy. Sorry for any confusion but it's a new permission on new land not the farm. However I'm still plotting to convince the developer to allow me to continue "historical recoveries".
Haha nice. It sure does, It’s one of my most valuable tools. hopefully you have a list going of potential sites by now.
Oh I see, these finds are from your last day on the farm permission. And you have a new site from using the magic weapon. And we should prepare ourselves for the posts from there. Can’t wait.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

New permission(not the same property, sorry for the confusion) already in hand. Finds are soaking as we speak. Five acres of history from the mid 1800's and unmolested by the progress of man. Thanks to some wicked awesome technology (wink, wink, nod, nod) I've been able to locate two old structures on the property that no longer exist. I'll post the finds soon. View attachment 2101996 View attachment 2101997 View attachment 2101998 View attachment 2101999 View attachment 2102000 View attachment 2102002

Thanks for looking.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions