I know i dont believe in them either,maybe just a little.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
About a year ago I remodeled my house built in 1900 and was tearing out the ceiling do to plaster was falling out and then decided to butcher the whole joint , that's another story . Well went up in the little attic and started throwing some junk left over from the other owners wasnt really much and happened upon a old mirror and what I thought were to extra large ones and brought them out and set them by the wall for their was dust all over there fronts .Went down stairs to get some windex to clean them and when I went to dust them off I noticed something strange, now just before I went to get the spray cleaner you could not make out if it was a mirror or what but upon looking again I noticed just enough of faces staring at me . It was kinda creepy how this played out but after cleaning the frames and glass what I saw was neat . Two very old charcoal drawings of mother and son and why the previous owners did not take them when the house was sold we will never know the lady was 93 and her husband had as we were told took his life in the bedroom for they had covered the walls with paneling and they had placed laminate flooring on the floor . Later I found blood under the paneling and also under the laminate. We used luminal to see what was on the walls and floor and indeed it was blood for he had shot himself. My wife didn't want to keep the pictures in the house so I placed them in the shed wrong, for all kinds of bs started happening. For one, fell thru the floor and fell down the steps almost cut my fingers off all in one weeks time . Told my wife the pictures were going back in the house and I brought them back in and put them on the wall .My son started freaking out so I again took them down and this time hid them behind my wifes hutch. I know there will be some who don't believe it but things calmed down after that and I still have them inside. A lady said she thinks they are from 1850-70s not sure she is correct they are neat and the frames are nice and they measure 24x24.Enjoy vanzutphen. My wife thinks its the old ghostly pictures that causes all the unexplained happenings around here. If anyone can date charcoal drawings chime in for I have found a lot of dates and would like to narrow it down to just one.

Attachments

• DSCF5700.JPG
    DSCF5700.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 221
  • DSCF5701.JPG
    DSCF5701.JPG
    659.4 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Upvote 0

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Yikes! :dontknow: Maybe they're very old, but if instead they depict the 93-year old lady and her son, perhaps the father was the artist; if so, it would add to the strangeness. Those depicted don't look happy, hmm.... Let us know if you ever learn anything about the artist. Andi

OP
OP
S

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
g-olden years who ever the artist was of these portraits left some notes to the back like the young boy it had needs to be shaded darker and the mother had numbers like this was his 222 portrait he had drawn. I do know these people had a bad rep in this little I call it ghost town and when you mention their last name people seem to dis credit them all together . I will say they were very sad looking .Its the eyes that you seem to notice more than anything and there expressions on there faces.vanzutphen, I also think these are from the Victorian age by the clasp pin on the mothers dress at the neck line.

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say they date to the 1870's or 1880's based on the attire as well as the frames and their' condition! However, if you can find a qualified Art Appraiser in your area, they can probably date the charcoal drawings by dating the frames.

Frank

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty cool. While I am a skeptic about such things I've witnessed some weird stuff B4 thats left me scratching my head. Stuff you don't generally talk about for fear people think you've gone mad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread