I know I know deep creek again, only flower gold, OR IS IT?

Tatpmining

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so I am about to jump on a flight to the other side of the country, a new member, and extremely naive when it comes to prospecting I'm looking for some old timer input from anyone in the world as I have a theory, and that is all just a theroy, if you know of deep creek in hesperia ca/ apple valley ( what ever you wanna call it) the big off roaring spot there is a large "dishpan " area wich is essicantialy a concrete sluth roughly at least 1000 ft long I'd say mabey 30 ft tall min and 20 to max 40 ft wide,if you follow the river up your first EXTREMLY NOTABLE spot is the deep creek hotsprings please pm me for my gold therory on thIs spot, but all the way at the top is Holcomb valley , doing a bit of reseArch I found out that parts of this trail not to far away we're used by the spainard gold miners,PERFECT FOR GOLD RIGHT

Problem is only flower gold is found here and in very small amounts, now before I forget there is also rattle snake mtn and I can only find a name NO history other then it was a gold mine is balancing rock mine, shouldn't all the gold flow down to this natural sluth? Also if I track the flower gold backwards and up the flow(some places are 7ft + deep in the low season would I be able to snipe for nuggets? Long story short i apologize for the long winded about to jump on a plane drunk speal but if there are any hi desert locals with knowledge I'm willing to share a lot more info than what I've dumped here as well as a claim if it comes to that or just some talk, ease pm me

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Only been to Deep Creek once, and that was about 38 years
ago. All I can recall is a bunch of fugly, hairy, smelly hippie
people hanging around nekked.

Scared me so bad I never went back...
rofl.gif~original

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Only been to Deep Creek once, and that was about 38 years
ago. All I can recall is a bunch of fugly, hairy, smelly hippie
people hanging around nekked.

Scared me so bad I never went back...
rofl.gif~original

ROFLMAO!!! See Mike? I TOLD YOU we had met before!!!!!

Really now, I remember Deep Creek From back in my high school days. Major hike to get to the bottom of it and when you did your legs felt like rubber. From what I've heard, that area has been closed to overnight camping for some time now so it's day trips only. Heck of a hike for day trip panning let alone hauling a sluice box in and out (up and down).

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Jeff. Look up Eagle Down. He seems to know a lot about CA gold history. Could possibly direct you. He's a great soal. Tell him I sent ya. I'm wanting to take a leave of the heat and go to California. If the funds were only there I'd run up north there and visit Eagle in Bagby area.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep Creek is in San Bernadino County

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread