I know there are some here that know their stuff..

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• HORSECOIN.jpg
    HORSECOIN.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 28

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Its a silver denarius minted in Bolskan, an ancient Iberian city located on the site now occupied by modern Huesca, Spain. The reverse shows a horseman with a spear('jinete') and a legend that says:
, i.e. "BoLSKaN" in Iberian script.
Don in SoCal

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a silver denarius minted in Bolskan, an ancient Iberian city located on the site now occupied by modern Huesca, Spain. The reverse shows a horseman with a spear('jinete') and a legend that says:
Don in SoCal
The only problem is it's not silver and probably close to size of a quarter..
This is a REALLY old picture, but I'm going to pull it out of my collection and take some better pictures.
This one I actually BOUGHT because I love coins with horses and we almost never dug horse coins..
Back 30 years ago (I can't believe I'm saying that) I paid $100 for it.. because of its pristine condition..
I have no clue to its value now..

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SoCal
I have a LOT of early Roman and Spanish coins for you to give me information on, so I hope you don't mind..
A lot of Gadiz coins because that's where we metal detecting... Lots of early Spanish, although maybe 10 Silver and no gold coins, the rest are bronze..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread