I know this is not today’s finds

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Never heard of metal detecting business cards. Maybe say ahhh, and I take the trash with me. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
Taking trash is good.
Maybe name and contact number?
Build some trust.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taking trash is good.
Maybe name and contact number?
Build some trust.

I totally see what you’re thinking. I’m just not sure if it would be too much of the “salesman...salespersons” approach.

But it this is coming from someone who is scared shhhhhless to do the door knocks.

i guess it wouldnt hurt to have and ask if they want your contact info.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Have crack will shack till gun gets back!" Paladins wife!i

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine mentions "Metal Detecting Services", "Land and Water Searches", my name, of course, and my home, cell, and E-mail contact info. I generally just give them to lifeguards and hotel concierge. With homeowners who aren't home, I leave a carefully written flyer with a lot more info about what I do. If they're home, I just talk to them to try and get permission. I carry permission and liability forms with me, but, only bring them out if, and only if, they ask for them, or balk at letting me hunt. I'd rather keep it on a verbal basis. Sometimes signing papers can be a turn off. Before I mention the forms, I'll offer to demonstrate what I do to allay their fears of damage. I try to just find a shallow cent target to recover and show them, so, they don't get too excited about what I could find! :laughing7: I don't want to get them TOO excited about what might be in their yard. They might decide to get a detector and do it them self! :BangHead: I do offer to return anything they know (describe, and tell me about beforehand) they've lost in the yard.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a cake and offer to do some yard work in exchange lol good question

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A business card is a great idea, I plan on getting some made up myself. This topic came up a short while back and some members actually posted some really great examples. It does present a level of professionalism and a sense of organization. It will at least give the homeowner something to look at instead of saying NO right off the bat! I can't find the exact thread, but keep searching it's here, maybe one or more members who did post some nice examples will re-post them. Good luck! Ddf.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered some cards with name, number, and a few details about my hobbies. RETIRED, Treasure Hunter since 1970, Riding Motorcycles since 1971.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread