I know what im doing next dig..

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have permission to metal detect an older friend of mines farm (place is huge) and ive done so several times.. found alot of things, civil war era, colonial, indian, and modern (1930s).. TIme before last i found an arrowhead which was exciting. Yesterday i found my first Indian pottery shard, also exciting. But that wasnt the highlight of yesterday:

- Historic Tragedy/Background -

When the couple first moved to this farm, they had it cleared by a bull dosser. After the bull dosser went by, why look! Scattered throught were (smashed :( )indian bowls, vases... A true tragedy.. But being this was a decent sized indian camp (so im guessing) i figured i would go further back into the woods to see if i can find a continuation of the settlement..

- What did i find? -

Well it didnt dawn on me what these were until later.. scattered through out the forest in one area were these 4ftx4ft and 2ft tall (these are rough estimates) mounds covered up, so they were obviously not recent.. When i researched it later.. I believe i discovered indian burial mounds.. NOTE: I will not excavate these burials... HOWEVER: I will excavate very carefully the area surrounding it.. Maybe i can find some intact (or atleast mostly intact) bowls or vases, or more arrowheads! The farm and the area behind it, is truly a historic place.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How big is the area of land? I believe I too would steer clear of the mounds for now. Sounds like you got lots of area with many different time periods to search. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions