fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to the flower bed this afternoon to see if I could find the caterpillars I saw yesterday. I didn't even see this fella until I was about a foot from him! Even then if he hadn't twitched his head I might have reached down to move the leaves looking for the caterpillars. After getting some pictures I got my pitchfork and coaxed him back to the woods that are about 100' away. He never tried to strike or come towards me which is rare behavior for a copperhead as they are usually pretty aggressive, at least around here.

Attachments

• Copperhead 3.jpg
    Copperhead 3.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Copperhead 2.jpg
    Copperhead 2.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Copperhead 1.jpg
    Copperhead 1.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 51

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I went out to the flower bed this afternoon to see if I could find the caterpillars I saw yesterday. I didn't even see this fella until I was about a foot from him! Even then if he hadn't twitched his head I might have reached down to move the leaves looking for the caterpillars. After getting some pictures I got my pitchfork and coaxed him back to the woods that are about 100' away. He never tried to strike or come towards me which is rare behavior for a copperhead as they are usually pretty aggressive, at least around here.

Looks freshly molted.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a youngun.

He was only about a foot long so I think the same thing. There is plenty for him to eat as the ditch across the back of my yard is full of bugs, frogs and other creatures. I might have snakes in my yard but I haven't seen a mouse in a long, long time.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
He was only about a foot long so I think the same thing. There is plenty for him to eat as the ditch across the back of my yard is full of bugs, frogs and other creatures. I might have snakes in my yard but I haven't seen a mouse in a long, long time.

Send him up my way if he likes to eat chipmunks. Dang things are everywhere!
HH
dts

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Kudos to you for coaxing him back to the woods. I would have been running and screaming in the opposite direction!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Lord I'm glad you didn't stick your hand down there and get bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread