I know you're out there - Non-waterproof machine users

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was at the beach last night with my new to me Explorer SE. I stayed shallow (less than knee deep), as I'm not crazy. But I had a difficult time using the scoop and making sure the machine stayed well away from the water. Luckily here on the Gulf, waves are pretty mellow, it was still a bit of a challenge.

I'm sure there are others that use non-waterproof machines in the wet, so how do you ensure your machine stays dry?

P.S. - I have a Sand Shark coming tomorrow, but I know I'll still be using the SE in the wet.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
KirkS

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was at a dive shop today, and found what I think will work pretty well, and if it does, I'll get another one for the Sand Shark. Not really sure if I need this for the SE, as I have delegated that machine to wet (and dry) sand and land only, and it won't be used for any water hunting past ankle deep, so I'm not as concerned any more. It expands to 36", which should be plenty, and it seems to take a bit of the weight off the arm. But for $17, and choice of colors, I think it's a good investment, but I'll report back after I actually use it.

INNOVATIVE SCUBA CONCEPTS | SNAPPY COIL, CRYSTAL

LR1551-LR1588-500x318.png

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont you believe all the good stuff is out deep. Low tides keeps people walking near the shores, stuff gets pushed up.... especially with diamonds on them, light gold too, people looking for sharks teeth, and when you get those cuts and ripples. Put a sticker over that speaker that you will NEVER use..... thats the weak spot. then get you a cover for the spray. Dont use a baggie...... in the sun down here you will get moisture..... do it right and get the cover.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont you believe all the good stuff is out deep. Low tides keeps people walking near the shores, stuff gets pushed up.... especially with diamonds on them, light gold too, people looking for sharks teeth, and when you get those cuts and ripples. Put a sticker over that speaker that you will NEVER use..... thats the weak spot. then get you a cover for the spray. Dont use a baggie...... in the sun down here you will get moisture..... do it right and get the cover.

Light gold? :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions