Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm this bored! And thought my BS meter might be off and gave the guy the benefit of doubt! Plus ? If not? I was up for a game!

I had an old pocket watch listed at $270, it's kind of an oddball and had a rare dial also. The case wasn't the greatest, but it works. The movement is rare but needed a good cleaning. Still a good piece and a fair price for what it is. Instead of messing with it I threw it on Ebay just to see if there was any interest.

I get an offer of $200. tell the guy I can't go that low, I want $240. He sends a message back, "I just want the dial, the watch and case are worthless to me............"...Ya,Ya, I've been around the block a little and know how that works!

So, I think about it....I thought well maybe? He really does want just the dial. That is the reason I bought it years ago!!

I pull the dial off, relist it just the dial...I send him a message saying "Hey! I thought about it, If you need the dial, and the watch and case are worthless to you? Then I'll sell you just the dial for $175. I relisted for $200, just make me an offer of $175! and I'll accept.

NOPE! Doesn't want it now! :laughing7: I could care less and nothing better to do tonight, so it was just kind of funny!

You know? I have more respect for a guy that says, "Hey! Your asking a fair price but to me it's only worth xxxx" Than a guy that tries to talk down your stuff for a lower price! But I use do it too at times so its all in fun! I just learned over the years that sometimes being straight forward gets you a little further.

Either way!!! I would liked to have seen the look on his face though when it was relisted apart!:laughing7: His BS was called!! :laughing7:

Just bored and wanted to write something! :laughing7:

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I'm this bored! And thought my BS meter might be off and gave the guy the benefit of doubt! Plus ? If not? I was up for a game!

I had an old pocket watch listed at $270, it's kind of an oddball and had a rare dial also. The case wasn't the greatest, but it works. The movement is rare but needed a good cleaning. Still a good piece and a fair price for what it is. Instead of messing with it I threw it on Ebay just to see if there was any interest.

I get an offer of $200. tell the guy I can't go that low, I want $240. He sends a message back, "I just want the dial, the watch and case are worthless to me............"...Ya,Ya, I've been around the block a little and know how that works!

So, I think about it....I thought well maybe? He really does want just the dial. That is the reason I bought it years ago!!

I pull the dial off, relist it just the dial...I send him a message saying "Hey! I thought about it, If you need the dial, and the watch and case are worthless to you? Then I'll sell you just the dial for $175. I relisted for $200, just make me an offer of $175! and I'll accept.

NOPE! Doesn't want it now! :laughing7: I could care less and nothing better to do tonight, so it was just kind of funny!

You know? I have more respect for a guy that says, "Hey! Your asking a fair price but to me it's only worth xxxx" Than a guy that tries to talk down your stuff for a lower price! But I use do it too at times so its all in fun! I just learned over the years that sometimes being straight forward gets you a little further.

Either way!!! I would liked to have seen the look on his face though when it was relisted apart!:laughing7: His BS was called!! :laughing7:

Just bored and wanted to right something! :laughing7:

I'll write something for you, but it won't be a wrong :D You thought it was all fun & games ... but now I have your address and particulars and can get the dial for a mere B&E :D

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll write something for you, but it won't be a wrong :D You thought it was all fun & games ... but now I have your address and particulars and can get the dial for a mere B&E :D

Hey!! I did catch that and righted it! :laughing7:

The B&E! Heck come on over! Once you look around you might feel bad and bring me some good stuff! You'll be ticked off that you spent the time!:laughing7::occasion14: Actually! If there isn't any interest? I might sell it to him anyhow if he wants it after it's on for a few days! I was just that bored tonight! :laughing7:

Bring some beer too! And can you grab a pack of smokes on the way?

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey nitric! I think you'll understand why I'm posting this video! Lol
https://youtu.be/rbqjfd4AIcI

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey nitric! I think you'll understand why I'm posting this video! Lol
https://youtu.be/rbqjfd4AIcI

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Yes!! The hands are in there somewhere!! Probably stuck to the wall! :laughing7: Not really!
I'm a pretty calm person! Something like that? I'm not so sure I'd be as calm as some of those people!:laughing7:

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame on you!!

That's alright! I just got paid back by a guy who says he clicked on BIN by accident! I said no problem and cancelled the order! He won't accept his side of the cancel, but can make offers through messaging! :laughing7: Looks like that one is tied up for 10 days now!:laughing7: I guess it's my pay back! :occasion14:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes!! The hands are in there somewhere!! Probably stuck to the wall! :laughing7: Not really!
I'm a pretty calm person! Something like that? I'm not so sure I'd be as calm as some of those people!:laughing7:

It's amazing he didn't get shot!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions