I like my new coil (This weekends finds)

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
Got my 8" Excelerator coil For my DFX on friday. I managed to get out to 3 different sites for about an hour each this weekend. I have posted a pic of my finds and I can say that I am quite impressed with the coil and I noticed I am digging targets much deeper than I am used to. Everythig was from places I had already hunted with the stock coil with which I am used to targets in the 3-6" rang quite regularly in my soil. Although a few were quite shallow and I just missed them the first time most were quite deep. All of the clad is from the 50's 60's and 70's and is from one location and there was fill brought in many years ago for a pad for a house trailer, the clad was all 7-9" down. most of the other stuff was from 6-8" deep with a few shallow items.

I got my first Trade Token as well as my first Military pin from WWI.

If you are considering trying a Excellerator coil I would recomend it, but take my opinion with a grain of salt as i am quite new to the hobby.

Thanks for looking on

JT

Attachments

• NatlGd103rd.jpg
    NatlGd103rd.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 302
  • Token.jpg
    Token.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 269
  • img048.jpg
    img048.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds, JT. What made you decide on a 8" coil? It doesn't seem like it would be that much different than a 9.5". I'm just a beginner, too....just asking!

OP
OP
jt70

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
WEll Haupin, I already have a 5" excelerator and the stock coil the 5" seems to be about as deep as the 9.5" and i wanted something that would be a little deeper but i wanted it to be small also because i hunt alot of trashy sites. so the 8" seemed like a great choice for me because it is slightly smaller that the stock but it is also a deeper seeker. they just came out with a 4.5x7 excelerator and that made my decision a littlre tough too. but i went with the 8" and it works great so far i am very impressed with its performance. Thanks

JT

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
How much did that 8" coil run you, JT? I've got a particularly trashy park that's playing hell with the 9.5" on my XLT, but I'd hate to drop down to the 5" because of the depth of the better targets.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice pin and token. I love the dfx. I was going to purchase a 12.5 excelerator but haven't been able to talk with other proffesional users of the coil. I want someone with 500 hrs on the coil. Not them impatient people that use it once don't find nothing and it becomes there closets best friend. I have heard good things about them.

Good luck and let me know how well it works as you get more familar with it.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread