I literally found the keys to the city and rewarded with a permission!

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, at least the Cushman city park/field houses/bathrooms. No sooner as I stepped into the park, I saw them laying on the ground. I'm not going to lie. If I had found these keys about 20 years ago, no good would have come of it. There wasn't anyone around so I figured I would drop them off at the town hall when I was done for the day. About 15 minutes later, town workers started rolling in to mow the place. I went to the worker that was in the city car and returned the keys.

061815a.jpg

He was thankful and we got to chatting about detecting. He was a gentleman I would guess to be in his early 60s. He always had an interest in the hobby and I (sorta) jokingly said "If you have some property, I have two detectors." He informed me that his home is from the late 1800s with 7 and a half acres and he would love to take me up on the offer.

We exchanged information and I look forward to setting up a date soon!

Other than that, nothing of note. The AT Pro was a bigger clad hog than normal today.

I DID find three quarters in one hole, so that was fun. And the normal assortment of junk.

061815b.jpg 061815c.jpg

Thanks for looking, all. Enjoy the day!

-Jay

Upvote 16

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the clad haul, finding the keys, getting a permission and making a firend. Sounds like you had a great day. Thanks god it's not 1995 :occasion14:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Promotion of the Hobby is such an honorable thing. Getting in good with the city workers is a good idea too. Congrats!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good, hopefully he has lots of old friends with old houses

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Networked into a new perm.
You just went up the ladder...
From public to private.
Good job...
Now...

Git errr dug. :P

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice contribution to the coffee/battery fund

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story there with a happy ending ! Hope that yard is full of oldies for you ! Three quarters inside one dig is my best so far also :occasion14:

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. Karma, Good luck at the 7 and a 1/2 acres.

OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. Hopefully I am a little more proactive about getting to this guy's house. I have two permissions locally (most of them are in Maine), and I can never seem to coordinate a time to get over to them. Second shift really screws things up sometimes. Here's hoping though!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three keys for 7 1/2 acres to search! Score!

Congrats nice finds! Hope you get the time off to detect more.

OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story there with a happy ending ! Hope that yard is full of oldies for you ! Three quarters inside one dig is my best so far also :occasion14:

It's very exciting when you don't know when it will end. I was thrilled with two and then the third one toned.

OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three keys for 7 1/2 acres to search! Score!

Congrats nice finds! Hope you get the time off to detect more.

Thanks! Unfortunately, summer is my busy season so the hours able to detect lessen. Not to mention I STILL haven't gone out prospecting for gold this season so I certainly hope to maximize my time outdoors when I can. So much treasure, so little time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread