I love Christmas...

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Brian B said:
Just bought two puzzles over the past two weeks, both new, one for $10 and one for $2.39. Sold the first for $50 and the cheaper priced one today for $80. it's so weird to me, but I can not fathom spending that much on a puzzle.
Need to be more descriptive what these puzzles were...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've made good money on old Springbok jigsaw puzzles before, circular and octagon shaped ones from the 60's. Only thing is you have to put them together to make sure all the pieces are there. Time consuming, unless you have kids or you enjoy it.

OP
OP
B

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011
I've actually picked up a few of the Springboks in my travels, but never even got around to pricing them, some just looked cool, and caught my eye. I generally don't look for ones to resale unless they are still new.

This was the $80 one. Got it at the Salvation Army with three others, worth a little bit, but this one was still in plastic.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000K0FI

This was the $50 one. Picked it up at an indoor flea market new, still in plastic.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I844NI

A few years back a buyout chain by me had picked up some of the 3-D ones and had them all at $9.99. We cleaned them out, as they were selling for similar prices.

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
My wife has been looking for something to do while I look for silver and collectibles. She loves puzzles so I'm thinking she would love putting them together to "verify" they are all there.

Wow, love learning something new.

Thanks

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
diggummup said:
I've made good money on old Springbok jigsaw puzzles before, circular and octagon shaped ones from the 60's. Only thing is you have to put them together to make sure all the pieces are there. Time consuming, unless you have kids or you enjoy it.
i TAKE THE EASY ROUTE AN JUST COUNT THE PEICE TO SEE IF THEY ARE ALL THERE...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread