Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this is Funny :D

08/02/2007

Man charged with DUI arrives in court drunk

He could not stand on his own when brought into Schuylkill County Court on Wednesday, so James E. Dillmann is now sitting in a prison cell.

Dillmann, 53, of Shenando-ah — who is charged with driving under the influence and a stop sign violation — was intoxicated when picked up Tuesday at his house and was still drunk Wednesday when brought before President Judge William E. Baldwin.

Baldwin, who had issued a bench warrant for Dillmann for failing to appear at a previous hearing, tried several times to speak with Dillmann, even raising his voice a couple times, but the defendant could not understand what the judge was saying. Baldwin continued the hearing and ordered Dillmann, who did not have an attorney, returned to the county prison.

“That was the worst I’ve seen by far,” Assistant District Attorney A.J. Serina said of Dillmann’s condition. “He couldn’t walk. He couldn’t speak.”

Sheriff’s deputies Sgt. Scott Taylor and Keith Berezwick, who had used rubber gloves in bodily hauling Dillmann into Baldwin’s courtroom, brought in a wheelchair to take him back to the prison, where Dillmann has been incarcerated since being arrested Tuesday.

“All safety precautions were in place,” said Taylor, who said Dillmann was in the “top five” drunkest people he had seen while on duty. Berezwick went further, saying Dillmann was the drunkest he had seen in his duties.

Schuylkill County Detective Dennis Clark, who arrested Dillmann on Tuesday with the help of Shenandoah police, said afterwards that Dillmann already was intoxicated when he was picked up.

Shenandoah police allege Dillmann was DUI on Jan. 11, 2006, in the borough. He had waived his right to a preliminary hearing on Feb. 7 before Magisterial District Judge William A. Slezosky, Shenandoah, who bound over the charges for the county court.

Baldwin issued the bench warrant for Dillmann on May 14.

http://www.republicanherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18654444&BRD=2626&PAG=461&dept_id=532624&rfi=6

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
I know an attorney that showed up in court to represent someone on a DUI arrest. The attorney was bombed after a lengthy lunch hour and the judge threw both him and his client out of court, telling him that he would throw them both in the slammer if it ever happened again.
Bob

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to go to Traffic school back in my early 20's
too many points, due to a 90 in a 45 ticket
trying to outrun a local cop.
he didn't fine me for that, just the speeding.

The one thing I remember well,
Was the Stench of Alcohol around me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread