Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett GTP 1350, Ace 250, Detector Pro Pistol Probe

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Wow! You're into some heavy stuff! I like a lot of heavier music, but there isn't too much of the new stuff I like. The "groove" just isn't there....Pantera had it, early Metallica had it, but most of this new stuff...it's just not as well written (in my opinion). I'm a musician so I pay attention to how well a song is written. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
hollywood13185

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ya I like some of the older stuff too, how bout some King Diamond :laughing7: I do really like the Christian metal core stuff tho. The breakdowns are awsome. I play guitar I just cant play metal. But its some crazy talented guitar stuff even if the structure quite isnt all there.

OP
OP
hollywood13185

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Also good bands, Ive listened to them but not alot. I could list a ton of bands. Has anyone heard of Crimson Moonlight. Their referred to as white metal.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
I love the Christian Metal scene. As far as awesome guitar work, Stryper rules! Other Christian metal bands that deserve mention are Bride, Tourniquet, Demon Hunter, Deliverance.....

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My younger brother's more into metal than I am, and he likes most of the bands you do also...
I listen to an eclectic mix of music, normally based on my mood.

I guess this is some of the stuff I like...
Thousand Foot Krutch, FM Static, Skillet, Anberlin (from my hometown), Underoath (sometimes), Pax217, Blink182, Angels & Airwaves, Atreyu, Blindside, Five Iron Frenzy, Brave Saint Saturn, Chiodos (they suck live!), Coheed & Cambria, Demon Hunter, Dogwood, Emery, Enter Shikari, Flogging Molly, Hawthorne Heights, Hoobastank, Incubus.... ok, seriously, I'm getting tired of typing.

I saw Killswitch Engage and Coheed & Cambria at Warp Tour back in Florida a couple Summers ago... I was right up at front stage, and took ALOT of really great photos that day of all the bands I saw! :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
hollywood13185

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Dude thats awsome, Ive yet to go to a metal cocert. Have you heard The Almost. I think its the drummer from Underoath. They're not metal but its a good band too. Demon Hunter is a real good band, their last album seemed a little more light than their other stuff. Another good one is Inhale Exhale.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah man... the boys from Underoath are also from back home (in Tampa)
The Almost is pretty good, and you're right, it's lead by Aaron Gillespie (the drummer for Underoath)
Their rendition of Amazing Grace is just SICK.... I love it!

Warp Tour was the second mainstream concert I've ever been to. I actually enjoyed it alot... and there were alot of Christian bands playing there as well! Family Force 5 really surprised alot of the kids around me, waiting for Paramour to come out on the stage next to them. Straylight Run was also really awesome live!!! They are a really good group...

Oh yeah, another Christian band I like alot is Spoken... I had to carry the lead singer off stage last time I saw them here in Springfield, because he passed out. I used to go to alot of rock concerts at Nubrew, back when they were on Sunshine, just off of Campbell. Now Nubrew is right here by my school, but I don't know if they still have bands come through like they used to.

Bran <><

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN
I listen to all kinds of music but as far as metal goes its stuff like Pantera, Metallica, Megadeath, Testament, Slayer, White Zombie, Sepultera. I've never heard of most of the bands you guys are listing. Must be getting old. I will be checking them out though, I haven't discovered a good new band in quite a while. The newest one that I've heard and liked was Devil Driver, I like the song Driving Down the Darkness.

OP
OP
hollywood13185

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
The bands you listed started it all. Alot of these bands dont put themselves out there like others as far as publicity goes. Alot of them arn't very well known by most.

OP
OP
hollywood13185

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Here one of my favorites, Their called The Agonist. Their lead singer is a chick and shes awsome. Im in love :love4:[youtube=425,350]pZo4bOZf3B4[/youtube]

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, she is pretty hott... and she's got a great voice too!
I'm such a sucker for chic-fronted bands! ;D

Bran <><

OP
OP
hollywood13185

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Me too my friend. Like In This Moment, Kitty, Arch Enemy

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
I joined Slayers fanclub in 1985. My first concert was Alice Cooper followed by Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Poison, AC/DC, Warrant, Bon Jovi, Testament, Overkill, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, W.A.S.P and more. I grew up in Charlotte so I went to a LOT of concerts and shows. I saw Slayer at the Grady Cole Center which was nice and tiny. I missed school after that show because I was so sore and bruised. I saw GWAR at the same place and the singer got arrested. I recently saw Slayer again(7th time) and GWAR in Myrtle Beach(2nd time) and the wife loved it.

BIG metalhead here. In school I was a "hood".

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
hollywood13185 said:
Thats awsome! My wife hates my music ;D

Same here! My wife likes to listen to (c)rap music..... ::)

OP
OP
hollywood13185

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Hey Eddie whats fun to do to the wife is get on youtube and find screamo metal versions of rap songs. Drives my wife crazy. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread