I love people who give away history...want these from this old shed?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before we tear it down? Just go right on in and, bulldozer is coming just now so HURRY. Willow ware was snapped in half but I glued it. Some staining remains.

IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1359.JPG IMG_1357.JPG

All I believe 1790-1830 period. The silver spoon has the initials C. L. B in a plain oval. Anybody identify the maker? Looks American, found in Maryland.

And the shed is toast now. Happy dance. Right place at the right time.

Upvote 22

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice score Smokey....congrats!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool saves.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saves is right. Just wear gloves and hope nothing in there bites you.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work!

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CLB might be Charles L. Boehme who worked out of Baltimore, MD. Only date I could get had him working in 1804. Quite a few CB's but this was the only CLB I could narrow down.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I do believe it was probably a local silversmith. I'll see if I can find his mark anywhere. Spoon could be repaired as it is sterling.

Whatdayagot

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome !!!! Here is one a guy who I know found in the attic of his 1730 house IMG_6089.JPG

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have more I found a long time ago. I'll try to get some pics later. Off to work. Have another willow ware plate and a ca 1900 jug. Also got some late 19th century half gallon mason jars with the lightning closures which I still have.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go. Not everything. The jug is hiding dust covered in a corner, 1900 vintage or a little later. F IMG_1360.JPG IMG_1361.JPG IMG_1362.JPG orgot about the feather edge I got from an old building. It was a mess and had to soak it for days to get the stains out.

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The feather edge is ca 1780-1790. No backmark. Probably Staffordshire, English made. Once upon a time ago in another life, I was allowed in the basement of a building built by 1670. This plate and the jug mentioned were laying on a rocky shelf in the basement. Did not own a detector back then. Was allowed to take these. Property was changing hands and before the new owners took possession a few of us were given a tour of the place. This was about 50 years ago. House still stands, but could not dig there for love nor money at this time. Can you imagine what a 2016 detector would find if it was around in 1970 or so????? And I had it????

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
metal detect where the shed was if you can ...folks used to bury coins in the floor of sheds --knowing they could not be seen while in the shed --digging up their money ...by greedy family members or strangers

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The feather edge is ca 1780-1790. No backmark. Probably Staffordshire, English made. Once upon a time ago in another life, I was allowed in the basement of a building built by 1670. This plate and the jug mentioned were laying on a rocky shelf in the basement. Did not own a detector back then. Was allowed to take these. Property was changing hands and before the new owners took possession a few of us were given a tour of the place. This was about 50 years ago. House still stands, but could not dig there for love nor money at this time. Can you imagine what a 2016 detector would find if it was around in 1970 or so????? And I had it????

What an opportunity! Well congrats on all counts. I would love to find an intact piece like that instead of 100's of small pieces of one. Thanks for the background. Hope you figure out the silversmith.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We already did. Found, of all things about 15 Civil War minie balls, modern bullets, 1 eagle button, a Union cartridge box plate, new toy sheriff's badge, small car, trash, trash, more trash. Melted blobs of aluminum. And three large cents. My buddy got most of the goodies, I got a few of the minies and all the modern bullets in the universe plus the toy badge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread