Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I.m been watched from the long grass,i found its skin today "venomous snake

hi all ,its late summer here and all the snakes are shedding their skin which means they are getting bigger.I went back to the fenton street reserve after tea and had a swing for a couple of hours.I found a fresh skin off a Eastern Brown snake.NO douts that the snake shed the skin only a few hours before i got there as it is still bit slimmy.The skin is about 15 inchs long so at a guess at this size if happens to bite you ,medical attention is best sort.Eastern Brown snake can go to 6 foot and is number 4 on the worlds most venomous snake list.Most of the time they just go away but if you was to try and hit with a shovel.You would get one hell of surprize how quick these snakes are.They are also protected under law and very common.
well i kept the skin as one of my finds. ;D ;D ;D and found a nice brown pottery jar with lip and a whole lot of brassy thingys Got to say what will i find next may some real treasure. ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

Attachments

• snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 809
  • snake2.jpg
    snake2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 804
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "I.m been watched from the long grass,i found its skin today "venomous snake

I like the snake skin, nice post! HH, Mike

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Re: "I.m been watched from the long grass,i found its skin today "venomous snake

Whithersoever it slithereth, I like it not!

As our good Miss Emily Dickinson would have said (and indeed did say)...

A narrow fellow in the grass
Occasionally rides;
You may have met him— did you not,
His notice sudden is...

But never met this fellow,
Attended or alone,
Without a tighter breathing,
And zero at the bone.

Nice bottle. Think it's an ink, like this one?

Attachments

• ink.JPG
    ink.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 774

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Very nice jar, I like it..
I sure am glad we don't have too many venomous snakes around here. I just grabbed a snake awhile back, thinking it was the handle to an old mug while dig'n a bottle dump. If he'd been a bad boy, he would have got me for sure.
Do be careful, Good luck, & Happy hunting~

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I got a ink container just like that PBK. I was told its what bulk ink came in and they would fill up the smaller ink wells with it. Thats why it is such a big jar and has such a small spout. A collector here in town said it was a $100.00 piece but I dont think it is worth that much. Still a great find no matter how you look at it!

KDM

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I've grabbed quite a few Gardner snakes in my lifetime and although not poisonous they can sure make an almighty stink! I'm so glad I don't have to contend with anything worse than snake musk! Watch out for those fingers and toes on Fenton!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

keep your eyes to the ground tin, and make a lot of noise as you swing through that tall grass. most snakes will head for the hills rather than stand and fight if they know you are coming.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, We have Rattlesnakes, Copperheads, & Cottonmouth water moccasins, have to keep our eyes & ears open in warm weather. HH

Fossis.....................

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice bottle find Tin....Be careful out there...gotta deal with the eastern timber rattler' sometime's myself.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Two springs ago our hunting camp was overrun with posionous copperhead snakes. We killed about 4 in camp one weekend so decided to thin them out. We traveled up and down the creek that flows in front of camp and killed over a hundred of them in the next couple of months. I don't know why there were so many 'cept we have been in a drought for the last couple of years and we noticed that the snakes were congregating on the dried up waterholes and eating the stranded minnows. Several of the snakes we killed were water moccasins and two rattle snakes, so I guess you might call us equal opportunity snake exterminators? We still see one now and then but not enough to get worried. The best snake medicine we found was a little .410 shotgun. We started out with .22 rimfires but got too many ricochets off rocks and the water. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread