I might have a solution

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
After me and goldencoins's threads, I think I have a solution. The petition turned out to be a debate and I leared some thing from goldencoin. Here is my solution:

All of us enjoy reading posts/threads about great finds. Say you find three solid rolls of 40%ers out of three rolls searched. Instead of saying " I bought three rolls from the bank and they were all 40%ers," you could say " I found 60 40%ers." Basically, you are not telling how many rolls you search, unless you find less than five keepers out of a box. To lurkers, this will look very unappealing and discourage them from CRHing. If you agree with me, fantastic. If you don't, find a nice way to say I'm greedy or that this idea is stupid.

Thanks to all who agree,
JJ

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Good idea, but I honestly don't think it will make much difference, due to the amount of traffic on this board.

OP
OP
JJtheRollHunter

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
Fistfulladirt said:
Good idea, but I honestly don't think it will make much difference, due to the amount of traffic on this board.

If I remember correctly, I think the coin roll hunting board is third on the most watched board on TNet. It's probably moved up to second or first by now. I am glad that you think that it's a good idea. If more members try it, hopefully it will discourage a few lurkers.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Your just spinning your wheels buddy. The best bet is to just bury your head in the coins you search and try to outlast the competition in your area.

OP
OP
JJtheRollHunter

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
nyiangelo said:
Your just spinning your wheels buddy. The best bet is to just bury your head in the coins you search and try to outlast the competition in your area.

I know. All I'm trying to do is discourage lurkers from CRHing. One or two more hunters dosen't seem like much, but think if they're almost like LJ was.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ive got to be honest here. In my opinion this is one of those hobbies where you are either going to give it hell for a while or you are gonna burn out very quickly. Even the mightiest crhers wonder why they do it after 20 box skunks. Topics like this when i was still one of those "lurkers" would leave me more intrigued than the posts with great finds. If so many folks start talking about keeping it quiet it would seem more appealing for folks to try than it actually is.

This hobby takes lots of time searching, lots of gas/ miles if you road trip, lots of let downs, tons of dumping, your hands stay filthy and your clothes smell like dirty metal all the time. It has plenty more drawbacks than rewards and only certain personalities are going to be able to do this hobby on a serious level. I do like keeping the posts only in this section and this board though.

OP
OP
JJtheRollHunter

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
JD-GA said:
Ive got to be honest here. In my opinion this is one of those hobbies where you are either going to give it hell for a while or you are gonna burn out very quickly. Even the mightiest crhers wonder why they do it after 20 box skunks. Topics like this when i was still one of those "lurkers" would leave me more intrigued than the posts with great finds. If so many folks start talking about keeping it quiet it would seem more appealing for folks to try than it actually is.

This hobby takes lots of time searching, lots of gas/ miles if you road trip, lots of let downs, tons of dumping, your hands stay filthy and your clothes smell like dirty metal all the time. It has plenty more drawbacks than rewards and only certain personalities are going to be able to do this hobby on a serious level. I do like keeping the posts only in this section and this board though.

Should have known. Now, people are going to think that we are doing great and trying to hide something.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened JJ, grandpa catch on to your CRH activities and isn't turning over the loot anymore? Not to sound rude, but you act like this is the only place on the net where anyone has a clue that there might be something other than clad in bankrolls. I couldn't count on my hands the number of web forums where CRH'ers are posting their finds on a daily basis. Heck, even over on realcent we have a running count of how many halves you get a month/year. You might be correct about tnet being the top of a google search. And I am sure someone is out here scalping off your halves from banks you owned in the past. As someone else posted, your in the stage where you have cleaned out all your closest banks and are falling on hard times in your searches. How bout this as a solution, and I dont want this to sound rude, but lets all stop whining about this forum. This past weekend has been the whiniest I have ever seen on here. Its almost depressing listening to everyone whine about how this and that are affecting their searching for silver and stuff should hidden from new people/lurkers. Man up, this is a place where people post/brag about their daily findings. Trust me, no matter what you do your not going to slow it down. For every person on here there are a hundred others on other forums listing out how they hit it big this week. Whether you say you found 50 solid rolls or 1000 it doesn't make it any less interesting for people. I am not trying to flame everyone here but come on guys/gals you are not going to controll CRH by what you say on here. I'm sorry, the train has left the station and either you are on it or not. Well that's my two silver halves worth.... flame on.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the solution. Don't come to the forum and start telling people how it's suppose to be done. I and I'm sure the others are getting a little tired of it. Tell us about your finds and that will suffice.
HH
enamel

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
just so you guys know, if you ever picked up a Whitman coin book to keep your collections in you will notice that they tell you in the book how to find coins in circulation. so every collector already knows this. i have known about it since my Dad got me started coin collecting back in the 60's. i didn't do it then because i was so young and had no funds. even though i knew, i still didn't do it until i was reminded of it when i stumbled onto it here. also lets remember who we are talking to here. JJ is 13 years old. try looking at what he is saying through the eyes of a 13 year old. he saw a problem (lack of finds) and proposed a solution. right or wrong he is a teenager. he cannot be expected to see things as an adult would. if anything as adults we should be explaining to him what is wrong with what he proposed, not attacked. have any of you ever watched your children at play and see them not want to share thier toys with the other children? what did you do? did you attack him and yell at him? or did you pull him aside and explain to him that the right thing to do is share? one of the best things about this forum is that we try and help eachother through the sharing of experiences and setting a standard set of rules so that the newbies don't make the same mistakes we made when we were newbies. thus not ruining CRH as we know it today. BTW the newbies of today are the experts of tomorrow. remember....we were all newbies at one time and asked the same questions that newbies ask today. they also make the same mistakes we made as newbies until we were shown the errors of our ways, such as dumping where you bought the coins.
people come and go in this forum all the time. while this is the most new people i have seen since i started posting here, i'd be willing to bet that most will move on after getting skunked a few times. this hobby takes time , persistance, and patience. all of which run out after a few disappointments. only the dedicated stay with this for the long run. most of them are coin collectors, the treasure hunters will see this is no walk in the park and move on.

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
very well said mistergee....all kids think like that.I wish i could have all the silver in ohio...that would be about 10.00 face lol....but would still be better than what i been finding.everyone needs to just keep plugging away hunters will come and go we have no control who hunts in our areas.just wish everyone gl...hh jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread