tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pawn shops are the only thing open in my area and over the years I have found a few things that have bought and resold for profit, but they're limited. Thrift stores, antique shops and flea markets are all shut down around here. Not sure how the up coming garage sale season will pan out? We went to Costco yesterday wearing masked like everybody is now and there was a line to get in as workers would allow each person's with a cart to enter as an others exited in order to limit the amount of shoppers inside. I thought that was fantastic as once you got inside it wasn't the normal pandemonium it usually is with shoppers going this way and holding up the many aisles and the checkout lines were moving through like clockwork. To me it looked like Costco was doing as much as they would normally do, but everything was a lot more organized. Even though we had a little time inline to enter it sure made the traffic inside a lot more pleasant. Could be what they're referring to as the new normal from now on.:dontknow:

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Yeah I was really hoping that yards sales would happen but I am not counting on it. I got to one estate sale and one flea market before everything shut down :/

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This should be the summer of all summers for thrift stores and garage sales. People have a lot of time to clean things out right now. Good luck this summer!!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When this all is over the places are going to be jampacked with everyone cleaning out their houses. Stay safe and hold out

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not shut down and have been cleaning out houses and storage units a lot lately. Some good things...Just sold two Gillette razors from the early teens today.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've had the time to list some inventory that's been sitting for one reason or another. That's about to end. I've talked with a few of my estate sale people that were working on upcoming sales but nobody has any idea when they will have them. A friend contacted me a week ago. His Dad went into an assisted living and they want to clear out the house so they can remodel it. They understand they can't have an estate sale now and want me to make an offer on anything I want. We've agreed on a method to stay as safe as possible & I'll be checking it out sometime this week.

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
I've had the time to list some inventory that's been sitting for one reason or another. That's about to end. I've talked with a few of my estate sale people that were working on upcoming sales but nobody has any idea when they will have them. A friend contacted me a week ago. His Dad went into an assisted living and they want to clear out the house so they can remodel it. They understand they can't have an estate sale now and want me to make an offer on anything I want. We've agreed on a method to stay as safe as possible & I'll be checking it out sometime this week.

I wish I had contacts like that, I had just started in Feb after diving down the reseller rabbit hole on youtube and have done very well, but I just do not have inventory. I had roughly 100 listing ups, down into the 70s now :/

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I miss the thrift stores too, and the flea markets that should be opening right about now are not. I wonder if anyone ever made the argument that with millions of people out of work, thrift store are essential, as people can find what they need there much cheaper than buying new??? They will be essential for many over the next year or so.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I miss the thrift stores too, and the flea markets that should be opening right about now are not. I wonder if anyone ever made the argument that with millions of people out of work, thrift store are essential, as people can find what they need there much cheaper than buying new??? They will be essential for many over the next year or so.
I thought that same thing.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wally World was crazy as ever, some things never change! :dontknow:

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This should be the summer of all summers for thrift stores and garage sales. People have a lot of time to clean things out right now. Good luck this summer!!

LOTS of extra money as well.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009

That may be true but I've seen a heck of a lot of trash piles out by the street over the last few weeks. I think people are dumping stuff because they can't take it to the thrift store to donate.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been driving around with a load to donate waiting for them to open up. It will be hard for me to weigh out actually going in to a thrift store for a while. I think I will do more yard sales and garage sales but it will be hard to stay away.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thousands of items to be listed, in boxes. I am slowly going through them. Both Ebay and Etsy are way up for me this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread