I Missed The Best Picture Today

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sure wish that I could have gotten a video of this today. A sweet male cat came by and greeted me today at a yard that I was detecting and then went to lay on the public sidewalk to sunbath. Along comes this guy walking a large pitbull on a leash. I'm thinking that cat had better get gone. Nope, that cat just laid there with his ears back as the dog approached. When the dog got within several feet of the cat, it barked at the cat. The cat jumped up, arched its back, and hissed back at the dog. The man asked me if it was my cat and said no, and I told him he had better go around that cat which he did. The cat laid back down and started cleaning himself. That cat wasn't going to give ground to that dog.

I did manage to find some silver coins, a buffalo nickel, some clad coins, and a bunch of wheat pennies, which 6 of them were in a single coin spill. Why couldn't that have been a silver coin spill? I keep plugging away hoping for some large silver or gold. Maybe next time. Oh yeah, I did manage to get a couple of permissions today from people who walked by.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    646.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1003.JPG
    IMG_1003.JPG
    381.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    690.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1005.JPG
    IMG_1005.JPG
    315.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1006.JPG
    IMG_1006.JPG
    698 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1007.JPG
    IMG_1007.JPG
    348.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1008.JPG
    IMG_1008.JPG
    625.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    362.2 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 15

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins thats pretty cool to get permissions that easy I tried once My Daughter found an abandoned house 1800s ish of course the house was full of stuff like someone died and everything got left in it and the house was tilted I found the owner through research he said no and thats the last time I tried. ( House was torn down a few months ago() You seem to do very well I need to get back at it lol Next coin spill will be silver. Ill tell ya those Cats are freakin quick that dog could have been toast if it couldnt get a hold of it. Good post

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice coins thats pretty cool to get permissions that easy I tried once My Daughter found an abandoned house 1800s ish of course the house was full of stuff like someone died and everything got left in it and the house was tilted I found the owner through research he said no and thats the last time I tried. ( House was torn down a few months ago() You seem to do very well I need to get back at it lol Next coin spill will be silver. Ill tell ya those Cats are freakin quick that dag could have been toast if it couldnt get a hold of it. Good post

Thanks! Some people are just afraid if they ask for permission they get a no. No doesn't hunt one bit at all. Believe it or not, most people will say yes if you go about correctly. I had one lady fussing at me for detecting the public grassy area between the curb and sidewalk in front of her house. She was really letting me have it. I told her that she hurt my feelings and she said that she was sorry. The Next thing you know, she gave me permission to detect her yard. lol

tabman

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and very cool story!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go cat, go! They are amazing fast, but can kick even that into overdrive when something threatens a mother's kittens. I'd tear every muscle in my body if I tried to move like that.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silvers Tabman. We have had many cats and dogs as pets. The cats always ruled the roost. Our oldest cat lived to be almost 22 years old.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread