i need a map

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You might be able to find maps at a local library. Somewhere online there are Sanborn fire maps also. Sorry I don't have a link.

Best of luck,
Bill

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks Bill, i didn't even think about the library

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Another thing you can do is go on Google Earth and at the top there is an icon called historical imagery with a time slider. Unfortunately your area only goes back to 1992. Some places go back decades and you can see what the area looked like then.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look for any local history books. I know there's one called "Whitepine, Wobblies and Wanagans" or something close to that, that pretty well discusses most of the logging camps in the Latah and Clearwater County area. Another possibility is "Idaho Place Names" Covers most of the old town sites, post offices etc. Talk to any friends that are serious hunters or fishermen to see if they recall seeing any remains of logging, homesteading or mining activity. Unfortunately for us, there's little or nothing in the way of Civil War Relics like they find back east, and a lot of what you'll find is old iron, stove parts, axe heads etc. But, then again you never know where that one rare item may have been lost.
luvsdux

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good I'll have to check that out. Thanks everyone for your help!

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luvsdux, do you live here in the valley also?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try historicmapworks they have alot and u can have the abilty yo overlay with recent maps to old

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do live in the valley. Moved down here a year ago from the Moscow area. Haven't been out much lately due to the heat, but fall's coming.
luvsdux

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks Mike, I'll try that link. Luvsdux if you want to do some detecting together let me know. I usually am working quite a bit but would love to meet up with someone that knows more about this than me and see what we can find.

dfx-kevin

Mar 15, 2013
Southwest mississippi
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and Tesoro original silver saber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try talking to old folks they know everything about the area and know all the people , good history you wont find in the library and also good contact info. good luck. by the way my mos was 3531 motor t and 8531 range coach in okinawa and NC from 97-01

OP
OP
FmrMarine

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'll try that. Good advice, much appreciated. I was also 3531 mainly at camp Pendleton. Semper Fi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread