I need advice

WILTON

Mar 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello collectors. First of all, I have four boxes of stamps that I need to liquidate. Most of the stamps are on envelope corners and range from an 1880's post card, to the late 50's/early sixties from all over the globe. I also have several mint stamp sets from Tatham. I have priced the sets using StampWorld.com and assumed the price range was accurate. I then contacted a west coast non profit and was told the sets below were hobby sets worth about 10 cents each.
StampWorld has a price range of 16-23.00 on the Belgian General Patton set. What am I missing? Thanks.

Small Stamps 1.JPG Small Stamps 2.jpg Small Stamps 3.JPG

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The truth lies somewhere between those two numbers.
I am familiar with a set of 5 General Patton stamps from Belgium (as shown here):
http://colnect.com/en/stamps/list/country/2640-Belgium/series/24214-General_Patton
Completed Listings on Ebay (NOT listing prices or 'catalog value') totaled only two sales of that set; one for $4.25 and the other for $7.80.
The reality is there is little demand for the stamps; similarly, there is a continuous exodus from the hobby, reducing the number of active buyers while, at the same time, flooding the market with their stock.
You may wish to check Ebay's Completed Listings for recent sale prices for your other items.
If you have early US stamps (pre-1940 or, better still, pre-1900) they may yield better results on Ebay.
Don......

OP
OP
W

WILTON

Mar 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reality is there is little demand for the stamps; similarly, there is a continuous exodus from the hobby, reducing the number of active buyers while, at the same time, flooding the market with their stock.

Thank you Mackaydon. I guess I need to find something to decoupage with stamps. Something BIG......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread