I need contact help with some indian artifacts

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I'll try not to make this a long story,I'm posting for a friend.He's getting divorced and his wife's lawer wants to get an appraisal on his collection of indian artifacts which I would guess to be well over a 1000 points and other items.Is there anybody in the New England area that he could contact?,can someone do a written appraisal on the value of the whole collection or will it be each point,bowl axe etc.I'm guessing this would cost some $$ to get someone.Any helpful input would be great and sorry if this not the right place to post this.

Upvote 0

Buckhunter

May 9, 2010
Elsberry Mo
Detector(s) used
Graphite golf club shaft, and my eyes
I dont know anyone, but I would want the guy to low ball everything. No sense it letting that B----H get his stones :argue:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:angry9: I agree. Mine would all be broke in half. Good luck ! Never heard of a woman going after a collection. I wonder how many shoes she has? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
RIcoinhunter

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
TnMountains said:
:angry9: I agree. Mine would all be broke in half. Good luck ! Never heard of a woman going after a collection. I wonder how many shoes she has? :icon_scratch:

This woman is hardcore & nuts too.They live paycheck to paycheck,like alot of us do she thinks this collection is the big pay off.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I would think he could find an authenticator to appraise the entire collection.

"Never heard of a woman going after a collection."

A good friend of mine lost half of his to his x-wife. She knew what was his favorite and best stuff, and made sure she got half of that stuff too. A vindictive woman will almost always go after a mans prized possessions and other assets in divorce.

Joel

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I have heard of this from others going through a divorce, and it happened to me a number of years back.

A reputable authenticator can give a written appraisal for both insurance and divorce proceedings. The cost can be anywhere from $50 to $250 or higher depending on the amount of time, documentation and so on.

If you are not sure about anyone in your area who does this, contact someone outside the area who authenitcates and ask them to refer you to someone closer. If they are not REAL close you may end up also paying travel expenses.

Authenitcator/ appraisals:
contact Tony Putty at [email protected] or Tom Davis http://www.tomdavisartifacts.com/

or attend a CSASI show event http://csasi.org and talk to folks there. Normally at the events there are a number of authenticators and appraisers

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I got divorced from the "wicked witch of the west" her lawyer also wanted a list of my artifacts with appraisal. I told them you want half of my artifacts I found, we can go through them and I will give you first pick and then we will divide them one by one. Her reply was "I don't want the rocks I want the money they are worth." I told here the judge says we will divide everything, he did not say we had to get our furniture appraised so I am not paying for an appraisal for my collection, you will get a box of "rocks" and you deal with selling them. She didn't like that at all, so I made her an offer to buy her half out. I gave her $2000 for her share.....My mistake was I insured my collection, she took the policy to her lawyer and that is where she got the idea to ask for half.....

The entire 20+ years I was walking streams and fields, her comments when I brought them home was usually "more damn rocks"....

No Fault Divorce laws in this country suck. Exwife got all the antique furniture we bought, we as in "I" bought at auctions, she hated the auctions because you had to wait for the items you like to go up for bid so I was the one there, she was at home in the ac. She got to keep all the antiques given to her by her family while we were married, and of course the $30,000 in stock I had before we met and that I sold to help buy our first home was lost as the home was half hers. I had to buy her out of her share of the home, as well as half of my artifact collection..........

The kicker was she was having an affair with a guy at work, which did not matter in divorce court, (no fault divorce) and my 2 kids ended up living with her and the trash she was having the affair with.....I would have beat him with a base ball bat, but I did not want my kids to have to deal with that and my being in prision......

I got my revenge, my wife now is 20 years younger then I, weighs 100 lbs, and is beautiful, sexy and sweet.......My Ex and her white trash husband look like 2 beach balls now.......... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread