I need help/ Omega 8000 Any Opinions?

spotshot

Apr 21, 2010
I am considering a Omega 8000 after watching some demonstrations on YouTube.
I need some reviews/opinions from actual owners.
There are so many choices, I want the most bang for my buck and the Omega 8000 seem's like a good choice.
I need some help, I'm looking to spend between $400 to $800. I live in Ohio and do most of my detecting here, however I want to occasionally go to the salt water beaches. Is the Omega OK for beach hunting?
(I have a Tesoro Silver UMax and want something with a TID)
Opinions wanted.

Thanks

RL OH

Feb 7, 2007
I just bought an Omega as a backup to my Etrac. It is a very responsive and deep detector. In the two plus weeks that I have used it, I have found silver and wheat pennies just about every time out. I would recommend buying it with the 11 inch dd coil. Every silver coin I have found has been buried in the trash. It is very light and uses one 9 volt battery. I got 22 hours on the first battery and I did not wait for the low battery warning to come on, so it will do better. It is easy to ground balance and the sensitivity and disc are knobs. I believe the Omega to be the best buy out there today. It will hunt with detectors that are much costlier. R.L.

j3cwill

Greenie
Aug 9, 2009
Richmond, IN
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still learning the nuances of this machine, but I love it so far.

I came from a Coinstrike, which I also loved, but it was just putting a lot of strain on my arm.

The Omega is super light and is a very powerful machine. I agree that it is one of the best buys out there :thumbsup:

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
The Omega is a really good machine (I have 8 machines and it is the one I most enjoy) I have an E-TRAC, SE, T2, F75 LTD, Tejon, SovereignGT, V3 and the Omega-8K... I use the others but if I get frustrated I grab the Omega. If I have limited time I grab the Omega. If I am hunting coins I grab the Omega...

Check out the seller rcoen on ebay. He is a large dealer in Texas who is dropping Fisher and Teknetics. He is selling all his FT stock cheap. You can get an Omega with the 10 and 11 inch coils 100 dollars cheaper than anywhere else and free shipping. I ordered one on a Saturday, it shipped Monday and I got it Wednesday.

You'll like it.

Julien

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions