i need help please ??????? my garrett grand master hunter is broke...

mistabig

May 3, 2006
hey every one how are you all doing today? well i am having a lil trouble with my garrett grand master hunter cxii , every time i turn the detector on the neddle is supposed to go all the way up as if its doing a battery check then its supposed to come back down to the begining but it just goes up and stays up. i dont know what do do it wont detect anything, and i know its an old unit but it worked great and i love it. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to fix it or were i would send it to get fixed please help ???????????

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i would contact garrett. even though it is an older detector, i hear that garretts customer service is top notch. check out thier website www.garrett.com

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistabig
i know its an old unit but it worked great and i love it. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to fix it or were i would send it to get fixed please help ???????????
******8*
A) HI check wth the Garrett people, they are very helpful and courteous, plus a fast turn around time if needed. I had excellent srvice from Jack Lowry, he gave me detailed electronic data on my ADS 7 completely free, and with marvelous sense of understanding humor.

www.Garrett.com

That reminds me, I owe him a silver coin, - he wanted a gold one , but I explained to him that being a fellow pirate I am too cheap and that he would understand, he didn't, heheh .. Still haggleing.

The unit that you have is an excellent all around machine, keep it!

Till Eulenspiegle de La Mancha

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
jd. You can sometimes get old parts from kieth wills at east texas detectors. He posts here selling complete machines. I'm sorry to inform you all that Jack Lawry pulled the pin at Garretts and retired. I don't know who does his job currently and don't know if jack moved or still lives in that area. exanimo, ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread