I need help with my Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 / Titan 3000xd (Ground Balance)

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition
Does any one own this detector and knows how to accurately know how to manually ground balance it? i have been having trouble with it because i wanted it so that i could ground balance at the beach, so i could go in to the water or shore just a little, but it seems like the instructions are a little vague, and when i try them, it just doesnt seem to work right, and its driving me nuts, even when ithink i have it figured out, it wont even pick up anything anymore, and its just getting frustrating, me and my buddy both have them, so any advice on a excellent ground balance HOW-TO would be GREAT! Thanks so much guys,

p.s. i have the whites prizm iii but i can get that one to work near water either, but it does not have a manual ground balance etc anyway, but if anyone knows of anything i might not, please let me know! thanks so much

As Always, Thank You my fellow friends!

Anthony
adh247

Attachments

• BHDiscovery3300.jpg
    BHDiscovery3300.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 169
  • BHDiscovery3300.jpg
    BHDiscovery3300.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 149

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i had 2 of them and had troubles setting the GB, sometimes it seamed to work other times it didn't, directions were terrible, if i recall correctly, hit PP adjust while bobbing your coil. been a couple years since i had one. good luck

OP
OP
adh247

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition
yes, exactly, thats what i thought, and i know that its supposed to be done that way, but can you keep hitting PP a couple times, and what happens when you do, does is decrease the sensitivity and/or does it have to be on the ground then or after hitting the PP. lol see what i mean, confusing as hell aint it? lol

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
you raise the coil maby 6", and back down every time you adjust it, and the hum-threshold should sound about the same at both levels, rather than getting louder or quieter as you approch the ground, ive have my doubts on how the 3300 will work on the salt beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread