i need some input on the RTG 6" travel scoop

Not too much bad to say. If you are digging in rocks o would get the SS tipped. If you are flying/ cruising I would get the 5" pro mini.

I use the 6 inch ss tip rtg scoop for local beaches. When I travel I bring the 5 inch rtg travel scoop. I added my own ss tip to it, The stock aluminum tip gets thrashed very fast. It takes up less space than the 6 inch. You dig a little more with the 5 inch scoop than the 6inch. And its not as bulky Going in and out of resorts. Also take the scoop handles apart when not in use. I ruined my first travel scoop by not taking the handles apart, they welded them selfs together. Good luck Joe

I use that RTG travel scoop also. I drilled two additional holes and added two additional screws for added strength at the joint. I also coat the inner connecting shaft piece with a light coat of marine anti seize to prevent the saltwater from "welding" the two sections together. So far, so good.

What Fletch and streetglide said

I have the Babbs travel which is almost like RTG, Very good scoop, perfect for travel..Used it for several years, never unhappy with it... but there are a few others that offer more, but at a higher price...that have come out the last few years..

One is the Babbs, the other is the RTG Long nose which I sold ..to heavy but hits very deep..

SNAG-0003.jpg

been using a RTG travel model for about 15 yrs now - never let me down
never any probs - good idea after each use to take apart - like others say
micro sand, salt, coral can get in between connection and if you wait till
end of trip = can stick
I bring a small hammer with me - so no prob getting apart
fits perfect in my Samsonite "equipment case"
6290043767_ac32fc4bf0_o.jpg

I have the 5 inch travel RTG. Its a great scoop, light, and very durable. I have put mine through the ringer and its still in perfect condition. Only issue for me is that when digging deep holes or targets I cant pin point well its kind of too small of a scoop so I just bought the 9 inch stealth scoop. My RTG will become my travel/dry sand scoop. Definitely worth the money and very easy to dig with on the beaches in the US east coast (hard sand, shells, etc).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back