AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the oppertunity to purchase at face value 500$ worth of 1934 20 dollar bills. $150 in 50 dollar bills from 1928.

I bought 5 5 dollar bills one red from 1928 E... a 1934 D 5$ bill...1953 A x2 5 dollar bill....

all are very clean with no folds

I bought 4 of the best condition twenty dolalr bills in the lot....

...........1934.boston..x3.......1934 A boston......

all are in great shape

I bought 8 silver certificates...........4x 1935 D...... 3x 1935 E........ one 1957

no stars most beat up of bunch but still in tact. not terrible at all.

I need some advice please on what i should do.

toysoldier2

Mar 14, 2012
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Teknetics Alpha, Treasure Commander TC2X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your question at the end is a little vague. What do you want to do? Do you want to sell or hold on or both? May I suggest the following books for reference: Standard Guide to Small-Size US Paper Money (10th Ed.), Standard Catalog of US Paper Money (30th Ed.), and Paper Money of the United States (19th Ed.). Also the following websites: HA.Com, EBAY.Com, PMGnotes.Com, PCGSCurrency.Com. Heritage Auctions (HA) and EBAY will give you a general idea of what they are selling for. PMGnotes and PCGScurrency will give you an idea of haw they grade (1 to 70). PMG/PCGS are the best (IMHO) 3rd party graders around. If all else fails, go to your local coin shop and ask them to give you an appraisal of your best notes. If you can swing it I would also recommend going to one of the big coin/paper money shows in your area (Boston).
Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread