I Need to Clone Myself!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I just retired at the beginning of this year so now I can devote all kinds of time detecting. I have been in the hobby for a few years and enjoy every minute. This past weekend I went to a RC (remote control) Airshow and am now hooked into the rc world as well! I am doing a ton of research before diving in but now my time detecting is being torn. I need to clone myself in order to participate in both hobbies. Or, possibly, did retirement put me in such a horrible position? If retirement did, then I should have retired 50 years ago!!

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have the retirement problem but I do wish I had one of my Marvel Comics hero's abilities ~ Multiple Man~ so I could handle the multitude of my interests.... besides I'd be able to hunt both sides of the park at once ;).
Bout all ya can do mate is take a deep breath and tackle one interest at a time. Luck with your interests and thanks for Serving.:thumbsup:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you mean by remote control, drones, then I think the two hobbies fit together nicely. You should be able to scout out all sorts of excellent hunting sites with your drone and then hit them with your detector.

OP
OP
G. I. Digger

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Susan,
I am looking into remote control planes but that drone idea is awesome. However, with my luck someone will turn me in as a peeping Tom!
Rich

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Susan,
I am looking into remote control planes but that drone idea is awesome. However, with my luck someone will turn me in as a peeping Tom!
Rich

As long as you fly it over fields and not bedroom windows, I think you will be fine...

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nowhere near retirement here.
I too have many interests, hobbies and sports I enjoy. At this point, 5yrs strong, metal detecting has overtaken the others.
Let your passion lead you.
Good luck
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread