i need to know something

rob.k1978

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2007
Hi all.I am looking to meet some people,to dig in robinsons woods on east river rd and lawrance in norridge.I read some info about this place and robinsons grave,that is there.Somewhere in those woods was robinsons family house,which was burned down in 1950's.I want to know,if anyone know its exact location of this house and is willing to go with me,to dig.thank you

BONECHOP

Apr 26, 2007
Lisle Il.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
when are you planning to go?
I never heard of robinson what's the info on that?
reply asap bonechop

OP
OP
R

rob.k1978

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2007
REGIONAL HISTORY:
Norridge is adjacent to the tract of land deeded to Chief Chee-Chee-Pin-Qua, (translated "squint eye") also known as Alexander Robinson, Chief of the Pottawatomies. In 1843, 1280 acres of land was granted to him by President John Tyler for services in helping conclude two treaties between the Indians and whites and saving the John Kinzie and Captain Nathan Heald families. They were survivors of the Fort Dearborn massacre during the War of 1812. His father was a Scottish officer and his mother an Ottawa, whose father was French. He married Catherine Chevalier, daughter of Three Fires Chief, Francois Chevalier. Their family home was located along the east side of the Des Plaines River, one and a half blocks north of Lawrence Ave. and two blocks west of Dee Road. The family grave site is located in the Robinson Forest Preserve at Lawrence and Dee Road. Robinson died in 1872. The Robinson home burned in May 1955. His cousin's house was used as a Forest Preserve field office until it was moved from the Forest Preserve to 4905 N. Clifton Ave Norwood Park Township. This area was later annexed to Norridge

I dont have metal detector,but i am willing to go with someone has,and find that burned house.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if norridge is in niles pm sent ;)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey porkchop
you ever do any of our own "looking" or do you just troll around for other peoples info

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
norwood park is to far north i know the area your speaking of EXACTLY ;D
getimage

lots of scumbags and homosexuals hangout in this area watch your shi.t
bring a few buddies for back up

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
true it is
i lived near there next town over for 26 years
it was well known were you went and were you didnt
i forgot to mention the triangle woods known for its satanic activity

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
satanic?i think thats just scary stories for the kids eddy,never saw anything like that,they say the same thing abut the woods at irving and river(hooded people running around the woods at midnite and the cops are to scared to go in)..........doubt it,urban legend

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want to dig a grave.....SICK..... ;D ;D ;D
Hey eddy you know you want to go ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Carry a gun....

OP
OP
R

rob.k1978

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2007
His house is somewhere near lawrance and east river rd in norridge.Btw Eddy,do you have more old maps of this area?

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went there a few years ago with richard crowe(chicagos ghost hunter,he does killer biz with his tours)didn't look too scary

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bomber said:
satanic?i think thats just scary stories for the kids eddy,never saw anything like that,they say the same thing abut the woods at irving and river(hooded people running around the woods at midnite and the cops are to scared to go in)..........doubt it,urban legend
nope i read a book years ago
when i still lived in the area and it mentioned the area by name and that is pretty famous with the underground cult types
cops,housewives,lawyers,bikers,etc are satanists they dont go around bragging about it
the ones that do brag are want to be's
trust me
me and my friends found some total F'ed up stuff there a few times
the one that sticks in my mind is "the tree"
we found a tree with a chain grown into it (a huge old tree)
with shredded clothes scattered around it
stuck around for about 5 seconds
so on Halloween if you dont believe me take a walk in the woods that way ::)

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been there ed,never saw anything strange,and just cause its in a book dosen't mean anything,you know better than that,any time you'd like to meet up there(day or night)let me know and shredded clothes?maybe a pack of werewolfs transforms there,i've read that in books to :D

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just got back from there(lunch time,10 min from work)scariest thing was the erie presence of the a#$ bandits and general freaks................SPRING HUNT!

BONECHOP

Apr 26, 2007
Lisle Il.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
EDDE said:
hey porkchop
you ever do any of our own "looking" or do you just troll around for other peoples info

Its bonechop.
I fine allot of my owned places in Du page and will county.
Would like to get in the Romeo Beach. It heavy guarded by refineries

BONECHOP

Apr 26, 2007
Lisle Il.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
rob.k1978 said:
Hi all.I am looking to meet some people,to dig in robinsons woods on east river rd and lawrance in norridge.I read some info about this place and robinsons grave,that is there.Somewhere in those woods was robinsons family house,which was burned down in 1950's.I want to know,if anyone know its exact location of this house and is willing to go with me,to dig.thank you

Ok lets go on sunday am 10-28-07
Lets dig up some ghost and money

The Fixer

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2007
Homer Glen, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
EDDE said:
hey porkchop

It sort of looks that way. Tried to offer suggestions in previous thread to help out. No thanks or replies, seems like gimmie gimmie. Go team ?

The Fixer

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2007
Homer Glen, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Romeo Beach - I was there many times over the years, with permission of course. I cleaned it out already, some nice things were found. Been pulling some nice older things out of the park on 55th St. at the current time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions