I need worthpoint price badly

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have exhausted all my cards signing up for the free trial and refuse to pay these guys money for something that should be free. I need to find out what this sold for and if nobody is able to help I guess I'll just have to order a crap load of prepaid cards that act as debit and do it the hard way. lol

There used to be an account that was something of a public key but it got taken down.

Anyway this is the item I am trying to find out about. Thanks a bunch to anybody that helps! I appreciate it. I won one at auction for $3 last night.
VTG PANASONIC VIDEO MASTER REEL RECORDER NV 204 ANALOG (06/22/2011)

Similar items that I would also like to find out about (optional)
#1 National Panasonic NV 3160 VTR colour reel to reel video editor Vintage 1970's (03/08/2012)
#2 Panasonic video reel to reel VTR color machine (04/05/2012)
#3 PANASONIC COLOR VTR REEL TO REEL VIDEO RECORDER NV-3031 (04/27/2011)

Last edited:
OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it works, it is worth in the neighborhood of $100.

I think this machine is worth more like 4-8 hundred working. But have no auction records to go on. If you look at what else was available to the novice at the time, Panasonic blew the competition out of the water as far as mechanics and aesthetics go. The joystick is a cool feature and the amount of chrome is beautiful. People collect these machines based both on what they look like and how well it performs. If your going to have a useless old machine sitting around it might as well look nice.

The listing below shows there is a following for these machines, I can see this one selling for $600 but with free shipping because the buyer would not like to have to pay all the shipping cost. It would cost between $130-$260 to ship it. So I would say at minimum I can get $300 for it after ebay fees and wood for the crate, although I can usually find some pallets to scrap for wood.

Vintage Akai VT-700 1/4" Video Tape Recorder VTR Reel To Reel

Even if worthpoint is saying previous ones sold for $100, the price is not set in stone. If you are buying one of these to display in an electronics museum you would want one that looks nice and reminds you of how much attention manufactures used to spend on engineering and aesthetics. Not some common prefab unit.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread