I only need 2x2 & 4x4 Size Riker boxes.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no! Losing any detecting tools is not a good thing. Did you leave it on a hunt or don't have any idea?

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Very Much .

This thread really 'Fished ' in the reply's . LOL :laughing7:

Susan Thanks for your reply & Interest.
Don't want to rant but always do.

Yeah I lost it on a hunt Sunday Est, 3 acre patch of woods.
Realized I lost It about 3 pm then Walked in circles til 8 pm alot of that time with my Detector in all Metal mode the looked on foot when my arm was about to fall off.

Thought it would be easy with the lack of targets I dug that day 20 mostly SG Shells.
but NOOOOO, I cover my holes a little too well sometimes.
Kept seeing the same glass bottles, same Cans, same plastic,etc but no $40 Shovel .:BangHead:

Went back yesterday Using My Tejon in "Silent" All Metal Mode & it would scream within 3 feet of a 12 oz Can. Walked back & fourth Dragging my feet (to see good where I had been).

At one far end of the property there is some low lying ground next to a creek beside a Big farm
Field. but there was a fence along the creek that I did not cross, Sunday I spent little time there
cause of the Deeper Trash & 6-7 Shotgun Shell Heads also the Briar's / Sticker Bushes / Black Berry bushes were coming into their own With Quarter Size Buds Popping up all over them.

I checked that area 5+ times Sunday, on the 2 ed time looking there Yesterday I could see part of the Handel Sticking out from under the leaves ...YES!!!..... Felt just like Digging a Cool relic or Coin (better cause I was about to give in to Defeat).

I hate to loose be it Sports or any Competition but that's the way those things work.
Loosing the Shovel was my ignorance. & yes I am a Worry wart & likely would have kept going back to look through next Winter, The area I was in will be Un- Walkable or Impassable until next Nov, when all those Sticker Bushes Go dormant.

Also this site was a 25 min drive from home.
funny Found Another Shovel W/O Handle, A Hammer that will clean up well after soaking in Apple Cider Vinegar for a few days . Also the head of someones leaf Rake.

Sorry for the rant & thanks for your interest.
Davers:thumbsup:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you found it, they are kind of pricey. I recall reading on these boards of people leaving their detectors behind, or worse, leaving them up against the car and then driving over them. So a digger isn't so bad, but spending that much time looking for it, wow.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually did the car over detector thing 'Once' lucky me it only slightly bent the main frame of the XLT.
Good Day
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread