47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran into a String's "DreamCatcher" repairman today

I walked into my CU today with my two canvas bags of halves, with the intent of dropping them into the machine and being out with my cash ten minutes later. As I walked in I noticed a box truck with a lift hat out front. I thought it might be the coin machine person, but thought again, no its not armored. Well once I got inside there he was emptying the machine. Cool, I've never seen the inside of a Strings machine.

Well we strike up a conversation while he is working on the machine and he explains to me how coins travel around the mid-Atlantic. Particularly how the coins we dump move from the Baltimore/Washington federal reserve district area Credit Unions to another Fed district. Any baltimore/dc area hunters want to unite and work to the bottom of the pallet PM me. I feel I'm already seeing older boxes.

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I ran into a String's "DreamCatcher" repairman today

I think i have been geting better boxes. The marks on the coins were coming up every week. Now ?? They are gone. Plus i take them to ac every week end. Last week end i took $4000 week be for $2000 and week befor $2000 so they will go away some what if you work at it!!!! Thanks for the info :headbang:

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have had discussions with several tnet crhers in the Capital Fed reserve district. I believe we will soon start seeing an impact if everybody I've spoken to participates.

Anybody else who receives halves in this area, pm me to find out how to get your dumps taken out of state for you.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

I will be picking up my volume in June, but I will be buying bags only, and probably mostly dimes (halves bags fill up very long).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread