I read so much and done addled my brain

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So basically i'm new to most everything. yeah i went panning a couple of times and found a few spots of joy. i kinda want to get into doing it more often. but with everything out there i couldn't even begin to sort out what i should get. keep in mind i have about $1500 budget to buy equipment to start.

I'm starting off with a GPAA membership. they got a claim at a farm in buchannon, GA. that isn't too terribly far.

I kinda want a bazooka unit. maybe the prospector or sniper. they look awesome but not too sure how well it handles this southern soil.

also from reading, i see people doing really well with dredges so maybe i could get a (used and small) one of those.

so maybe i'm suffering from information overload, but would also hate to suffer from buyers remorse. I'd love some quality input from you guys since i know y'all been out in the fields and know alot more than me.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok i aint got all this stuff but when we go out i find a moderate amount of flake. its up to you and the area to determine to wat extent you want to go. if you listen to sum that say they found nuggets and brag but its up to you.:3barsgold:

OP
OP
allenkeeton

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok i aint got all this stuff but when we go out i find a moderate amount of flake. its up to you and the area to determine to wat extent you want to go. if you listen to sum that say they found nuggets and brag but its up to you.:3barsgold:

if it was really up to me i'd have my own huge tract of land with a multi million dollar operation making me money while i lounged at a fancy pool.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i cant explain but i do know been doin this for years and nobody has gotten rich except for a few. i wuz a member of GPAA .

OP
OP
allenkeeton

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i cant explain but i do know been doin this for years and nobody has gotten rich except for a few. i wuz a member of GPAA .

i don't expect to get rich. just don't want to be a total bum beggin in the streets. i'm curious why you stopped your membership with them though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread