ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I totally enjoy helping others on here and I share my knowledge freely. However, at this time I feel I have to let folks on here know I cannot with good conscious give more personal advice on diving. I have answered a few emails and have tried to help. However, my help can only go so far.

I am a certified diver. I got certified in March of 1980 in Okinawa. In getting certified you learn a lot of life saving tips and tricks. I know when you buy a hookah you don't need any training and you are allowed to just jump in and do what you want. I will freely give advice on wet suits, technique's to recover items and equipment I use.

HOWEVER, I can't tell anyone how much weight you will need, how to clear your mask underwater, what to do in any emergency or how to put on a weight belt. I would NEVER recommend diving without some sort of classes. I know people do that and it is your choice. I have no idea how comfortable is in the water or their level of experience.

Please understand I have to protect myself. One of my best friends drowned in lake Huron while detecting. If you are going to buy a hookah and don't want any lessons, so be it. However, I am asking that you do it without my help and advice. If my website doesn't give you what you need, ask a dive shop in your area or google it.

I do feel for the few that have emailed me. I understand. However, you take classes to learn how to survive. Water kills and is unforgiving. I don't know if when you email me you are an excellent swimmer or are afraid of deep water and can't swim. I don't know if you know what to do if your mask strap breaks or if your mask comes off underwater.

I didn't write this to upset anyone and I am not upset at anyone that has emailed me. I want everyone that dives on tanks or hookah to enjoy the water and their finds and come back alive. One VERY IMPORTANT TIP. NOTHING you find OR ANY of your equipment is worth your life. IF in trouble DROP it ALL. If you live you can go back and find it or buy new. You have only one life. Enjoy it while you can.

PLEASE take classes to learn things. That is what dive shops do best.

My website is http://www.scubadetector.com

Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've always looked at people who try to short cut proper training as a self cleaning gene pool solution.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did learn another very good lesson when I was training for Search and Rescue.

Does anyone know the best part about finding a body underwater?

Nobody can hear you scream.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did learn another very good lesson when I was training for Search and Rescue.

Does anyone know the best part about finding a body underwater?

Nobody can hear you scream.

I thought you were going to say because you get to go through their pockets first.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread