I really like this one

Billco

Oct 8, 2007
Alabama
My wife and I went on one of our walking tours this afternoon. This one takes about four hours and the high point is a washout on a creek that runs across a powerline. When we get good rains its often good for a few artifacts, sometimes a real nice arrowhead - maybe two or three. For some reason this place is good to my wife. Its real muddy after rains and she has a knack for finding them in the mud. Here's one I really like that she pulled out of the mud today. Only a very small piece of the tip was showing. Its a little over two inches tall and each side looks as good as the other:

Attachments

• A - Thursday.jpg
    A - Thursday.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Creek Bank.jpg
    Creek Bank.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very, Very nice point--I too like it. I also like your hunting area.

Good find Billco

Thanks for sharing.

Stryker

OP
OP
B

Billco

Oct 8, 2007
Alabama
I'll tell her you like it TreasureTales. She is sure proud of it.

Thanks for your comments Romeo, Pickaway and Stryker.

Hugh Mongus, about our sniffing dog, you're not far off. I'm waiting for the day she actually digs up an arrowhead. We'll be scratching in the dirt and she's next to us digging in the dirt.

She finds some pretty good stuff on her own. When we were walking back yesterday, she found this. She didn't want to give it up though:

Attachments

• Antler resized.jpg
    Antler resized.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 217

razor

Apr 29, 2007
Hey Billco, looks like what we would call a Dalton in my part of the country. Nice find. Thanks for the look, Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread