I refuse to clam up about this ___so here is my 2 CENTS----plus a LOT OF PAIN!!!!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so you bit---the shell is 4" across--they sure ate good back then. all finds had a thick green crust from this small parcel. my 1st 2 Center this year & the barber was green as a wheatie, at first I thought it was an IH----NOT IMG_3832.JPG IMG_3833.JPG IMG_3834.JPG IMG_3835.JPG IMG_3836.JPG IMG_3837.JPG , a splatted roundball at 21 grams, 2 lead bag seals IMG_3838.JPG IMG_3839.JPG , a brass cuff link & notched copper 1 3/8" :dontknow::dontknow: IMG_3841.JPG IMG_3842.JPG , 12Ga. brass & round marked "H" IMG_3840.JPG , busted thimble:BangHead: IMG_3843.JPG , 5 buttons, need help on the pattern 1683---, the domed button has nice floral front pattern, the 2 piece basket weave marked GILT, the 1 piece marked with wreath on back, all are amazing considering there was an iron hit at every 3 inches of all sizes. there was no swinging---just hovering over each hit to sort the s^!t from the loot:BangHead::laughing7: IMG_3844.JPG IMG_3845.JPG IMG_3846.JPG IMG_3847.JPG IMG_3848.JPG IMG_3849.JPG IMG_3850.JPG IMG_3851.JPG -------NOW FOR THE PAIN______this was an eyeball at the edge of the site--I look down & grab what looked like a large no loop dandy, thick nasty green crud slathered all over. got home, gave it a 5 minute electrolysis then a 2 second wipe with wet 800 grit---AIN'T NO STINKIN' BUTTON!!:icon_thumleft: IMG_3852.JPG IMG_3853.JPG . I could almost feel her pain as they punched that hole in her head:BangHead::laughing7:. as a side note---FMERG got a seated dime that AGAIN --he thought was a small cent----very cruel Colonial dirt:BangHead::BangHead:this site is over & dun wit unless they do some more work & pull more of the overburden. back SOMEWHERE today before the thunder boomers arrive:dontknow::laughing7:

Upvote 28

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some really sweet targets. I need a 2 center,, everybody except me are finding 2 and 3 centers. lol
Congrats on an excellent hunt. Sorry about all the Iron and "Hole in the Head LC"
I have had days like that, where I had to let the Etrac unmask the iron. Lots of work.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds. Just great finds. You had one danged good hunt here. I'd love to vote Banner just for all the very good finds Keep'em coming, just keep showing us stuff like this! That's our entertainment you know :)

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!, lady liberty took a hole in the head but still looks awesome!

chefjuan

Sep 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you pulled a two center!!! Very nice!!! I knew there was more in that area it was loaded with targets. I spent 3 hours there, I'll have to show you what I got! Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, there has to be a story untold as to why the coin was "holed"...won't ever know it, but i bet it was a great story. Congratulations on some great finds.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great assortment of finds!two cent piece is really cool, LC, barber, all nice recoveries. Congrats and HH

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we see the bucket those came in holy crap I'm happy if I find one silver every two to 3 hunts amazing finds!!Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the 2 cent piece and all the other great finds. Really good hunting!

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday I post the 2 coins pulled during the Sunday 2 hour hunt-----a small '41 wheat and a large HFS!!---WTF??? is this?----it's not one of ours, 1 1/32" diameter----almost 1/8" thick with crud-- dude facing right._____"still, no f^@#ing eye deer" what I dug. PHOTOS MONDAY. it's a cruel summer ( thx Bananarama)___but the dirt at this site is crueler!!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SOME ONE DONE NAILED THAT COIN TO SOMETHING , NICE BUNCH OF FINDS .

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! What a headache for Lady Liberty!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NICE "stuff"...! :icon_thumright:
That shell with the "H" on it. is probably a Henry .44 cal rimfire
and that Notched Copper disk thing, with two holes, is a noise-maker...!
Make it spin at high speed, stretched alternately with string, it'll make a loud hummmmm...!
A Toy...!!

chefjuan

Sep 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make it spin at high speed, stretched alternately with string, it'll make a loud hummmmm...!
A Toy...!!

A wizzer I think they were called. Very neat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A great day for you, Port! Congrats, and enjoyed your post. -Lisa & John

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would make 2 this season---got a fake pewter LC with 4 holes at the 1723 house in July--gave it to the owner for being a great host as we dug his yard. the Henry--what time period--we are finding balls & pistol casings & .22 brass. today FMERG got a 2 Center and a wee teeny tiny dwarf brass thimble, I settled for 2 rounballs & 3 casings.
A Toy...!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As usual, you are finding some very cool relics and coins, Congratualtions! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread