I said I want a silver !!!

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, yesterday's huntnwith Robo99 was kind of a bust with only a couple of wheats and a buffalo. After He found his dimes I said "I want a silver quarter" and I thought I might have jinxed myself. So today I decided to go to a local park where rem had found silver but I had only hunted a couple of times. Robo99 and I had talked on the phone about iffy signals prior to my hunt so I was determined to try to be more open to digging them instead of passing. I started finding clad and some of it was really masked by the large amount of aluminum and rusted bottlecaps everywhere!! I sure was glad I had changed to the 8 inch SunRay today instead of the ProCoil because even the 8 was struggling. (ordering a 5 inch tomorrow). I dug a couple of high tones that I couldn't even get to give a TID # or pinpoint but they ended up being good targets so I was feeling pretty good about my talk with Robo99 and his advise. I was in front of a large swing set and got a screaming high tone and the display was almost useless because of all the junk but that sweet high tone just wouldn't go away and so I started to dig. I pulled about a 4 inch plug and the ground was so dry that it fell into about 8 pieces. I ran the pinpointer over the dirt and found a pull tab in one clump and said to myself "that was not what I was hearing". I found another tab in the hole and scooped it out and ran the propointer in the hole and nothing. Well i was getting kind of discouraged when i started to rake the dirt back toward the hole with the propointer and got that beep beep beep !! I turned a clod of dirt and there he was Mr. Washington all shiny aneverything. I took a quick picture with my phone of the 1956 Washingon quarter and sent it to Robo99 and he sent a text back calling me, well we wont get into that. I guess my quarter wish came true after all !!

82d3e09f.jpg

Upvote 0

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nice find! Have you checked out goes4ever's guide to using TTF (two tone ferrous) - TTF Explained and how to set it up | Goes4Ever -silver is in the oldest places you can find...if your lucky no one cleaned it up before you. :) any time you find silver it's a great day!!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread