Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would amuse myself today and give detecting a try. I decided to go high and low, went high first to the church where my wife and I were married. This place gives up many clad coins from weddings so I thought I could pull a few with a screwdriver. Arrived at the base of the hill, put the jeep in 4X4, I was the first to make this ascent in over two weeks of snow as there were no tracks other than a few footprints. A car behind me when I pulled into the lane drove by slowly. I made the ascent, some snow drifts about 12”-14” across the lane made me realize this was probably a non starter since the coins lay along the sides of the lane. I stopped at the top in a parking spot and looked around, opened my door and a car comes driving in at parking distance from me. That really surprised me up here, LOL, it was the guy that drove by at the lane base. I drove back down hill a little and did a few tests on the digging, mostly 10”+ of snow and the ground was rock hard underneath. Picture of the church through the forest.
25Jan09Church.jpg

I went low and drove by my best field. Took this picture as it has been bothering me. Looks like a path in the very middle that leads down to the stream at the tree line. The beginning of the path sits between 4 large barns on the left and a large medieval house to the right that supposedly stood here from around 1000-1650. However, looks like it could have been the plow that made the depression that looks like a path. For the past 23 years this field has been a grass hay field, to the right on the plowed field is where the house was, where it is most snow covered. The church above is on the hilltop of the left hilltop.
25Jan09Kemfield.jpg

I went low to a forested area along a stream. Detected in some pine trees but the dirt was froze solid under the pine needles. Went lower to the stream and had a surprise, every tree to the right of the stream in the picture had a wire mesh about 3’ high around the base. I couldn’t detect and it was also frozen hard. Guess I need a new hobby for another 2 months, LOL, I am catching up on some indoor things I have wanted to get done and have done a little research.
25Jan09Stream.jpg

Here is a stone I found in some fill dirt, thought it could be jade. I saw a recent post by forum friend Gypsy who had found some light green rocks that turned out to be glass scrap. This piece also looks like it could be glass scrap but it feels really smooth, heavy and has tiny iron spots on it.
25Jan09RockO.jpg

Reverse of the stone. Any info would help. The only thing I found today was a thorn in my boot but it was deep, LOL. HH from frozen Germany, Mike
25Jan09RockR.jpg

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures Mike. :thumbsup:
As far as:
"Guess I need a new hobby for another 2 months, LOL"

How about cooking? Those steaks you posted last time looked pretty good. ;D :tongue3:
-Doug-

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
Nice pics Mike. I wish I had detected around Ulm when I was there. My wife lived in a small town called Beimerstetten. Lots of country side. A lot of old remnants around.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are having the same luck as I am here in OH frozen ground and snow. Temperature in the teens. Sure wish spring would get here or a good thaw maybe in the 30's for a week or two.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread