Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hopped on the train and headed out to a park that sits on land that was the site of a Revolutionary War Battle. This place has been used as a park for so long that the chances of finding Large Cents, Indian Head Pennies, and old Silver are excellent. That is the focus of most of the CTX swingers who patronize this park. They dig deep signals and usually ignore shallow targets, especially nickels.
My personal single day best is 89 nickels, and I matched that number again last year. My last 2 trips here gave me 38 and 13 nickels. Today was no different. I popped 25 more nickels out of the ground. In the last few years I have recovered 100's of nickels and that is no exaggeration. I have also pulled 4 or 5 pieces of gold but it doesn't happen that often.
With the sun out of the sky, I walked towards the park exit that would put me closest to my train, still swinging the coil. It is a good thing that I went to night school because I got a screamer. I was operating off the light of my pin pointer. I spotted a flash of silver and grabbed it. Out of the hole came a man's bracelet. When I got it home, I located the .925 on the lobster claw. Thought my silver coin drought was over, but this bracelet was a pleasant surprise,
My finds for the day were: Two $1 coins, 33q, 24d, 25n, 28 memorials, and 2 wheat pennies, (56 & 57d).
IMG_2520.JPG IMG_2519.JPG IMG_2517.JPG IMG_2518.JPG

Upvote 10

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Love the bracelet. Lots of clad too!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your probably getting most of the nickels because a lot of the others don't bother to dig them. I always dig nickels. Others are passing up the Shields, V's, Buffs, & War Nickels. Keep 'em coming ATW.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats ATW! Beautiful silver bracelet. I always wonder if a place was used as an Easter Egg hunt when I find a large number of same-type of coins, like your nickles. Folks put nickles in plastic eggs and kids trample them into the ground! Sub8-)

Randy Combs

Sep 16, 2013
FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Nickelville would be a proper name. Most excellent hunt.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ATW !!!! Congrats on the silver bracelet, it looks great!! BTW we dig our share of nickels there, looking for gold. Don finds lots of V and Shield nickels there. This summer I found a 12 gram 10K gold bracelet there digging those nickel signals. I have to admit you find a heck of a lot more nickels than me! HH

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet bracelet. Man you dug 1/10th of my annual nickels in one hunt. Gotta love those solid mid tones. :occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a lot of nickels dug from one place, nice recovery on the silver bracelet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread