I shoulda been more specific!

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
On my early morning drive to Daytona today I was thinking about the booty I was going to bring home and even went so far as to confirm to my subconscious (affirmation style!) that I was going to find a gold ring in the sand. Well, I did. But the poor little thing is pretty bent up and as you can see, it's tiny; only about the size of a dime. But hey, it's gold! Reminded me of the Lily Tomlin quote: "I always wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific!"

Attachments

• Amethyst Ring.JPG
    Amethyst Ring.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 501
  • Amethyst w Dime.JPG
    Amethyst w Dime.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Wish every time out thinking gold I brought one home!! Congrats on gold, ring looks like crap, but again, its gold!! Nice find.

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder how many people remember Lily Tomlin?? I always think of the little girl in the huge rocking chair Edith ANN

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Gold is gold! Way to go on the ring!

T

TreasureTales

Rings are usually pretty easy to reshape. I wouldn't belittle that ring one bit. You could buy a jeweler's sizing tool or you could buy a dowel with the appropriate diameter at the hardware store and use it to reshape the ring, gently tapping it using a rubber mallet or a hammer with some padding on the head of it.

As for Lily Tomlin, "is this the party to whom I am speaking?" LOL, always laughed when she did her operator impersonation.

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
Maybe that was the shape of the finger that wore it.
Some people are really bent out of shape.LOL!
It was nice hunting with ya as always.
Don't forget to was that shiny new car.
DR

OP
OP
SaintSea

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Thanks for all the nice replies, everyone! What I'm happiest about is that I'm learning to hunt IN the ocean. It took a while for me to build up the confidence to head out into Daytona's waves to do my searching. My buddies, DR and Stirling, have been great at helping me discern the best areas to expend my energy; the Atlantic's waves can be pretty brutal and exhausting! Over the past few weeks, we've noticed a sort of calm "bay" that has developed just west of the sandbars at low tide. The sandbar breaks up the waves before they have a chance to reach the shore. The peaceful bay area is a whole lot more gentle to hunt than the same area when the waves are crashing and smacking into you. Many of the Daytona water hunters have been doing really well in this area; there's been a lot of posts here to attest to it. I'm just lucky enough to be one of them; to have access to America's Most Famous Beach and the time and the equipment to take advantage of it. I have to say that I enjoy nearly every minute of it; except perhaps for the 1/10th of a second when I stepped on a stingray yesterday. (I had no idea I could move so fast!)
P.S. - And yes, DR, I washed my purty new car as soon as I got home!
Ruth

T

TreasureTales

You go girl!!! Just be careful and avoid those stingrays..don't want you to wind up like the Crocodile Hunter.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave-enc said:
congrats on ring wtg. You can get a ring mandrel and mallet and straighten that right up
hh
dave+bobbie

Yep! It might be a good investment, being that you are going to be finding lots and lots more!! ;D That's a purdy ring, Ruth!! Congrats and find a bunch more!!!!

Nana

R

RUDY2003

Real nice ring, dainty!
Rings are my best finds too....although not many as of yet....

Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread