Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YAY.

My first gold item with the AT Pro!

I got up this morning and half dragged my wife outta bed to go hunting at a place I had not been before. There were some old barns and farm houses there once upon a time.... but has been turned into a massive city park within the last 15 years.

My wife usually likes to dig my targets.... she has been a bit intimidated with the actual detecting part. Today however I insisted she use the Tesoro Cibola and get a feel for it. We got there and I set her up for coin shooting.

We went over to some of the remaining structures and found the typical agriculture implement iron stuff. After about an hour and a half I saw that she was getting tired of digging up plow points and had the "lets pack it in" look on her face. I said, "lets run up to the tot lot real quick and shoot that for jewelry and then we are gone." Her ears perked up a little at the word "jewelry". I set her machine just above iron and off we went.

My second target was a bit sketchy. It was a 51-52 VDI with a bit of chop to the signal. Dug it and sure enough.... the ring.. bent in the shape of a "U". It bent right out and I called over to her and we checked it out. It had a 14k stamp on the inside.

Seems she got some sort of second wind and started back swingin the Tesoro like a Samurai. Funny how that works.

Thanks for lookin!

Attachments

• 14kring.jpg
    14kring.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,059
Upvote 0

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Her ears perked up a little at the word "jewelry"."

Works every time, doesn't it? :laughing7:

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A little gold can do wonders for the attitude!
Congrats, and that's for the ring AND getting the wife hooked on metal detecting.

Born Free

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first time I brought home jewelry, it was no longer my "nerdy little hobby" anymore :laughing9: It's great you two had fun :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Lakemonster

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lemme guess... it was no long your geeky hobby....but no longer your ring. lol.

easy way to slip into some better kit, right? :headbang:

durn auto spell check

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
WTG!!! Even a little AU goes a lllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg way.

After hours of digging iron implements, it also makes its own statement, doesn't it.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My huge gold ring of 24K Korean gold ....... became hers the minute I got into the house.
But, it got me the rest of my life out hunting......she gets a little upset about me going out, I gentttttly remind her of
the possibilities. :)

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like the at pro had a hard time with that one....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread