I spent over $600 this weekend... Good days!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I had a 4 day weekend, I started out at an estate sale on Friday. The sale was being run by the family (yea!). The father was a home builder on hard times trying to recover from the recession. He had lighting fixtures from Hudson valley lighting. This is a top of the line company. He had 3 styles for sale 3 cut crystal sconces (retail $925 each), 3 triple light bathroom fixtures (retail $650), and 4 quadruple light bathroom fixtures ($750 each). All have records on eBay as being sold for 30% to 50% of retail. I got all 10 for $450. That should sell out eventually at about $3000! Later I picked up a receipt printer from epson NIB for $10 that should bring in $125 to $150. Finally, I found a roomba and scooba both used once to show "mom" how to use them. She never used them again. I paid mom $60 (full asking price) for both. I put them up on amazon. The roomba sold in 5 hours for $170. The scooba is up for $200 right now. All of this in addition to the other normal bits and bobs. Best individual item was found by my son, a 1950's vintage timex watch. Same one sold on the bay for $70. He collects watches, so I get nothing for that. Since my son came along, he stands to get half the profits if he helps me list them in eBay. The other half goes toward his and his sisters College education.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread