Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least it wasn't in a Bar,, lol
Monday and Tuesday, the Temperatures were 80 degrees. The water Temps are 79 degrees and the low tide this week is perfect. It gains an hour each day, so all week it was good.
On Monday I scooped out 64 coins with 2 rings, One of those ring is a 925 Silver with a nice blue stone. It was really deep and came out Black. Took a bit of cleaning before I found the 925 stamp.
IMG_4823.JPG IMG_4824.JPG IMG_4826.JPG

Tuesday's hunt gave me 81 additional coins. A junk ring, 3 hoop earrings and a key.
IMG_4822.JPG

Wednesday and Thursday the temps climbed to 85. Glad I was in the water.
Wednesday I scooped out 81 coins, a fake pearl bracelet, a "Best Half Medallion", and a pair of Sunglasses.
IMG_4821.JPG
Thursday added 75 more coins, including a 1956d wheat penny, a brass chain that looked gold when I saw it in the scoop, 3 junk earrings, and a pair of Armani Exchange sunglasses. I also recovered a small Ying Yang medallion, which is always a good sign.
IMG_4819.JPG IMG_4820.JPG

Friday brought the lowest tide of the year so far. This would allow me to get a little further out. I got to what I call "The Ledge" It is actually a slippery mucky bottom and in my opinion, should be where the older stuff lays. The Temperature on Friday went up to 90 degrees. Again I was glad I was in the water.
This hunt added 44 coins to the scoop, along with a 3 ounce sinker, a toe ring, and a pair of Prescription Eyeglasses, (complete with barnacles).
One find that stumped me at first is a half of a Pendant. It says "ST over SINS",, The other half of that heart shaped pendant should say, BE over COU. Put them together and you get 'BEST COUSINS"
IMG_4818.JPG IMG_4817.JPG IMG_4816.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 20

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atw, what a stellar hunting spree. Of course the silver ring with the blue stone is my favorite. I guess KY is the only state that has Best Cousin pendants. Anyway, I'm pretty sure you had it right. Hers a pic of one similar :) View attachment 1352499

Thanks,, the."FIRST COUSINS" was something I would not have thought of.

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive totals, against the wind. Wish I had low tides and similar sands to hunt. Looks like you are doing the best with what you've got. Re: the blue ring...aquamarine?

I'm saying it is Aquamarine, , yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread