I struck another vein-UPDATE-results added 4/30

bag and drag

Jan 20, 2009
I have been here just over four years but hardly ever post due to dislexia and slow typing.
I have most definately found more than my share of silver coin with a handful of dream boxes and very consistant finds the first three years.i have done at least two cwi boxes every week since '07 and have been amazed and confused over the amount of silver left in the system,lately however the finds have slowly dried up to a long string of skunks and today as I picked up my boxes I told my tellers I was thinking of quitting but just cant bring myself to do it.
got home just now and noticed that my boxes have a new date and WOW! inside the first box is ten silvers (2 90%) showing on the ends and three on the ends of the second box!
Its not all gone after all.
Ill report back tomorrow after we crack open both boxes.

EDIT: posting saturday morning.
box 1 had three showing on ends= 43 40's and 6 90's
box 2 had ten silver showing on ends= 49 40's and 7 90's
total of 92 and 13.
Ill take it.

Upvote 0

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Re: I struck another vein

Good job, would like to read about some of your other big scores. Maybe it is just me, but when my expectations are the lowest, are the times I find really good scores.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What was the date on the box? Were they CWI boxes?

I'm getting new dates, but they are only producing 0-2 40%ers at most so far.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
which company put dates on the boxes. I have been doing Brinks boxes as that is all I can get around here and I have never seen a date on them......Matt

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
mlayers said:
which company put dates on the boxes. I have been doing Brinks boxes as that is all I can get around here and I have never seen a date on them......Matt

CWI does dated boxes (ie NF String wrappers).. Call around to see who is the carrier in your area. CWI boxes in my area aren't that great believe me.

huskie fan

Mar 6, 2011
Northern ILL
I have gone through about 40 boxes dated 2/16/11 the last 6 weeks and maybe seen 3 40%. I only get the dated cwi boxes from the garda in madison, wi

OP
OP
B

bag and drag

Jan 20, 2009
SeaninNH said:
What was the date on the box? Were they CWI boxes?

I'm getting new dates, but they are only producing 0-2 40%ers at most so far.
funny you should ask because these two boxes were the first run of a new set of dates being 4/11/2011.boxes here seem to get new dates about every six weeks.
all my boxes are rolled and delivered and loomis probably the Pittsburg branch.all boxes are CWI rolls in single layer boxes.
WE are still finding AG in WV.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread