I think fisher is in a great position......

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To make the next best thing.
The new machine from M. looks cool. But my gut is telling me to see what F has in the chamber.

I am in no rush to get a new machine but I am looking forward to see what they( Fisher) brings to the table. The light weight and good ergonomics of the F75 was light years ahead of everyone else. I still think a new CZ in an F75 package would be a complete machine. I love my Sovereign GT. Part of that reason is that it can slice through the wet salt beaches with the help of its multi frequency feature. The only other VLF, multi freq, machine I owned other than an M. made machine that could also cut through the salt and black sand was my old CZ-6a.
Being able to own a machine that is as versatile as possible is important to me an many other hunters. I can only own one Top end machine at a time so I need to feel that with whatever I own it needs to work excellent in old parks and salt beaches. My gut tells me that Fisher's next machine will fit the bill. We do not need it to be completely waterproof. But we should be able to hoze it down after use. I would like to see a machine that has some heavy rubber like gym equiptment hand grips covering the control housing and other areas of impact to assist with shock absorbtion.
HH
Jason

Last edited:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher detectors are lightweight but at the price of durability. Ergonomics no different than many other brands. I agree that the CZ6a which I also used for some years should have been re-introduced in a more lightweight package (I ended up having to chestmount) but they might be limited by what Minelab allows them to do. I assume a new model would require a new licence and a royalty on each detector produced which would push the price up.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fisher is always pushing the detector market! I am excited to see it too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread