Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok we await the pics of your finds

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
I am a long time Fisher fan, starting with a 1225 decades ago, and a CZ 6a I regretted selling.
I currently have a 1280x Aquanaut, the industrial model, m66, and a CZ 70.
They are great detectors, with high performance but lacking the bells and whistles. They were one of the first to go to two frequencies and splash proof detectors.
I found some reviews of the F44, and two showed problems with the detector failing when it got wet. I remember my CZ 6a did too. It didn't fail, but both times I hunted in the rain, it became unusable.
Of course, Fisher does have the 5 year warranty, so it should not be a problem. I am still hot for an F 44.
But, does it have a leakage problem? And, is Fisher good or grudging about warranty work?

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's listed as just water resistant so how wet it can get who knows.
Another problem is with the membrane buttons not working half the time, the pinpoint button especially.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's listed as just water resistant so how wet it can get who knows.
Another problem is with the membrane buttons not working half the time, the pinpoint button especially.

I have this same problem with the f22. The pin point button was never very good and I returned my 1st unit after 1 use in the rain. I use it as a backup but would not feel right selling. If I had to do over I would have bought my Tesoro then.
Hopefully they fixed this and the F44 is better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread