I think I found my dump bank

onecvj

Jan 24, 2007
I went into a bank today to ask for halves. The teller said they had only $1.00 and I said I'd buy them. Then she asked if I had an account. I answered no and she refused to sell them to me! She was kind enough to give me some sleeves to roll my halves with, but I still plan to open an account there just so I can dump my returns. Plus, it is right across the street from the bank that just ordered two boxes for me!

Upvote 0

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
onecvj said:
....it is right across the street from the bank that just ordered two boxes for me!

I would be wary on dumping across the street if both banks use the same brinks type service company. Dump this week and get them all back the next week. If they use different companies should be no problem.

OP
OP
onecvj

onecvj

Jan 24, 2007
OK, thanks. I'll watch for that if I end up opening the account.

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
Mark some of your returns to find out for sure.

Rip open the rolls, then find some place with a coin counter. Mine is the credit union.

odinthedog

Feb 7, 2007
I think I just found my new dump bank today as well. This is the bank I have my business accounts at. I always cash my expense checks there. Today I asked her if she had any half dollar coins. Before I got half the word 'coins' out of my mouth she snaps back. "No!"

Well guess what miss immigrant from a third world country, YOU WILL NEXT WEEK!

muhahahahaha! This is the same dolt who didn't know what a half dollar coin was two weeks ago. I'll bet after next Monday she will never forget. I'm planning for her to start waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat...'no.more.half.dollars.' I hope she quits.

Anyhoo, I bought 12 rolls of dimes from her, got 1 '64!!

odinthedog

Feb 7, 2007
I'll have to roll them, no biggie. They don't have a coin counter. I'm well stocked with coin wrappers now. I ordered a bunch from a bank supply place. They accidentally sent twice what I ordered, you should've seen the giant box on my porch when I got back from lunch. Thousands of coin wrappers, never have to order those again.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
odinthedog said:
Thousands of coin wrappers, never have to order those again.

Don't bet on that, I have only been hunting for less than 3 months and have already used more than 1000 wrappers. I get mine free from the banks but I have been thinking on ordering a couple of thousand so I do not have to ask so often. (they are only $3.79 per thousand)

minelab rick

Jul 1, 2006
Charlottesville, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Why would you need a lot of wrappers? I always use the ones that the coins came in. Every now and the one my rip, but usually I return them in the wrappers they came in.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minelab rick said:
Why would you need a lot of wrappers? I always use the ones that the coins came in. Every now and the one my rip, but usually I return them in the wrappers they came in.

I do not like to carefully take the coins out of those machine wrapped rolls and then have to squeeze them back in again. I guess I am like a kid at Christmas, just rip off the wrapping paper to see what surprises are inside.

I think I save a lot of time doing it this way.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Most shotgun rolls uncrimp easily once you get the hang of it and if you uncrimp the longer side the coins go back in just as easy. I feel that it takes me less time to do it this way than ripping the rolls and rerolling. To me the coins fall back in easier since the roll is already pre-formed. The only one I might have trouble with is the last coin in if it folds down on the paper edge. And you only have one side to fold back over instead of both edges.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
I should make a video of the "uncrimp, reuse" technique. When I first
started this, it was a pain and took a while. Now, Im like a Fed.Roll guru
haha.

I uncrimp in like 5-6 seconds. Push out the whole roll into palm of other hand,
still stacked. Quick edge search - then quick date peek 2 at a time, by just
splitting open the stacked roll, then in one swift 2-3 second motion, drop entire
roll back into wrapper. ( use an angle :) ) crimp and next roll. Entire process
for one roll under 1 minute . On a crappy box, producing nothing - each roll only
takes about 30 seconds... I call this bad-mood-mode.

I also only count one roll, and when finishing each roll, I do a comparison with my
fingers on the lengths, while side by side, to make sure the count is the same. (easy
to tell if extra or missing any). Sure beats counting every coin. ;D

This is high-tech CRH'ing at its best folks !! A mini assembly line is what it is, I
cant do anything at a relaxing pace. I need to chill a little LOL.

Good luck all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread