johnsonconnie34

Greenie
Jun 8, 2013
Snow Camp NC
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
y friend Jim has been allowing me to prospect his land for two years now, well Jim is 75 and has Alzheimer's. He will be placed into a facility that can care for him. It's over 200 miles away, I won't be able to see him like I want to. I also won't be able to prospect for gold because his nephew doesn't like me on the land now, So today I knew this would be the last time I can prospect the land, I found a very heavy quartz rocks, with deep cracks all over the rock. I brought the rock home and as I placed the rock in a tub and used water to flow throw those cracks gold nuggets came washing out. I hope they are gold nuggets, but I am 99.9 percent sure they img536.jpgimg535.jpgimg530.jpg are.

Upvote 1
To be more sure - take one of the little loose bits of just yellow, put it on a flat solid steel surface and hit it with a hammer - if it turns to powder it probably isn't gold - if it becomes a flat flake it probably is. Looks good though hope it's the real deal. Good luck Nuggy

Nice quartz

y friend Jim has been allowing me to prospect his land for two years now, well Jim is 75 and has Alzheimer's. He will be placed into a facility that can care for him. It's over 200 miles away, I won't be able to see him like I want to. I also won't be able to prospect for gold because his nephew doesn't like me on the land now, So today I knew this would be the last time I can prospect the land, I found a very heavy quartz rocks, with deep cracks all over the rock. I brought the rock home and as I placed the rock in a tub and used water to flow throw those cracks gold nuggets came washing out. I hope they are gold nuggets, but I am 99.9 percent sure theyView attachment 1076960View attachment 1076961View attachment 1076962 are.

Please let us know what diagnostic tests you carry out. I hope it is a nice gold specimen.Now you have the task of finding out which is always a journey in itself.
Good luck and I am genuinely interested in how you identify your nice quartz as gold.Please post when you have. Very cool diggings to you.

Whether gold or not, it looks beautiful! :hello2: Like others, I'm hoping it's gold! :icon_thumright:

I think the bigger treasure is your friend Jim who welcomed you on his land for two years. Since he'll be far away now, you could mail him cards or photos with cheerful pics of flowers, animals, beautiful scenery as a way of keeping in touch. He'll enjoy their beauty even though he won't be able to respond.

Have Fun! If you've found other interesting minerals or gems in the beautiful state of NC, please post them too! :cat: Andi

What did tests show up?

You could use the acid test

The first two photo's look very good to be me , but appearances can be deceiving - keep us posted please !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back