Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good (like one 'magnet' will pick up a shell.
Cool Stick , Sorry to hear about your Buddy who passed, Just about lost a good friend & O.R.H.= (Original relic Hunter) a couple weeks ago, He just had Triple By Pass + Valve Replacement & some other stuff I can not name, his Recovery will be long but he is a tough old S Ga, Boy.
If you ever get a wild hair , & want some company Detecting or Artifact hunting ,I made it from East Ridge (near the tunnel) to my house in 58 min. LOL
GL
Davers

Sure if you have a kayak or a canoe let me know and we can do a creek hunt one day. I have new areas to explore. You are welcome to come.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure if you have a kayak or a canoe let me know and we can do a creek hunt one day. I have new areas to explore. You are welcome to come.

Tnmountains
Thanks for the Offer.
I tend to procrastinate a-lot on these type things.

I have no Kayak (or experience) but my in law has a Canoe I could use then my only issue would be strapping it to the top of the Buick. lol
He has a Truck I could borrow also.
Ill see him Tomorrow and see what he thinks.

I may be in touch, thanks again for the offer.
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Davers, I have been in this hobby for the past 14 years or so and have never dug anything related to the Civil War. I have done many hours of research as well as talked to people. I asked myself the same questions about travel routes, bivouacs, watering places and such. No access to those place...period. I went out today and found it very hard to motivate myself to drive 20 plus miles only to find 22 cents in clad after 2 hours of park pounding. For those who claim "I am in it for the thrill of the hunt", good for them. I would like a little satisfaction for my efforts. I would not have acquired good equipment just to go for the thrill. In fact, you do not need equipment for the thrill. Just research and go look without wanting to find anything worth bringing home. Sorry for the rant, I think I may have had enough of digging pennies and getting no answers.

That truly Sux.
Sounds like my day yesterday but I only got 5 cents in 2+ hours & 3 of that was found on the side of this little road near to where I parked my car. "Only 2 were 'Zincs' For what it's worth???

Yeah sometimes it's good to just get out & Enjoy the Hunt, but after so many Hunts with no catch 'One starves to Death'.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are my CW finds for this season. Pretty sad compared to what it used to be. If you are ever in my area, PM me. View attachment 1141272 last pic is fresh out of the dirt

Glad to see your coming out with something.............For Real.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya man, BUT, New Bern was founded in 1710, It was also the capital of N.C. in colonial times, A major seaport until the railroad came in the 1840's, fell early in the Civil War to the Union and used as major base of operations by them for several counties. Also home to the Rains brothers, whose Inventions were used by the Confederacy. Oh yeah, It's also the birthplace of Pepsi Cola! Kinda hard not to relic hunt round here, but DAMN, Most of the land is getting eaten up by land developers and they don't want to see anyone with a detector out there. I've asked for permission, and all I got was a big " HELL NO!" Yep, the beach is looking pretty darn good right now!

Same here Development ,development, development.
Many homes & Shopping Centers built right up to NP lines . It's kinda Crazy.

Thanks for the mention of my 'Ill' Buddy.
GD
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread