rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! Seeing you are new when you post something it is always proper as to tell where you got it from and from which state it was found or bought. That way we can determine the results better. Nice one

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Groundhawk for metal, eyeballs for stone
There is a never fail test to see if it is authentic. Wack yourself a couple of times on your head with it. If it hurts and you bleed then it is authentic. Modern.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Edmundruffin said:
There is a never fail test to see if it is authentic. Wack yourself a couple of times on your head with it. If it hurts and you bleed then it is authentic. Modern.

I have a similar axe. I can't get the test down. Seems I black out. Will you test it for me?? Please!!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Honestly, I know it's authentic. It's a real axe!! Hot dog! Not native American, but an axe nonetheless! Congrats on a 1 in a million find. Wow! How lucky!!

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
id say that handle has been replaced ...if you post this in the fur trade artifacts forum just above this on on the front forum page...someone there might be able to put a time period on that for you so you will know how old it is. i think its a bit more modern myself :dontknow:

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
SOHIO said:
id say that handle has been replaced ...if you post this in the fur trade artifacts forum just above this on on the front forum page...someone there might be able to put a time period on that for you so you will know how old it is. i think its a bit more modern myself :dontknow:

I would have to say the handle is original. The axe still has an edge on it. An edge that is silver in color. Well, in spots. Possible it's early 1900's my honest to goodness guess. Check this chart TN. Sent me.

image-3826701745.jpg

I hope it shows up

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking fur trade item. The square back of the single bit axe is throwing me off though. Post it in fur trade area or try the 'What is it" section.
Good luck.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
hey searcher i had to come back to get another look at that axe
i like it it has character and has a vintage look about it

if you ever want to use it and the handle is loose you can set it in a bucket of water overnight, that will make the handle nice and tight again

steve

OP
OP
The Searcher123

The Searcher123

Greenie
Dec 21, 2012
larson1951 said:
hey searcher i had to come back to get another look at that axe
i like it it has character and has a vintage look about it

if you ever want to use it and the handle is loose you can set it in a bucket of water overnight, that will make the handle nice and tight again

steve

:-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread